My simple pork chop method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
American pork is so lean now days, I've been known to wrap thick pork loin slices in bacon before frying, just like a bacon wrapped Filet Mignon.
The fattier chops come from the rib end of the back loin. Called end chops from one end or or rib chops from the other..one good way to enjoy the fat is to get them cut thin, season and fry on high so you get a good crispy char on the fat...
http://www.foodsubs.com/MeatPorkLoin.html

Last edited:
The fattier chops come from the rib end of the back loin. Called end chops from one end or or rib chops from the other..one good way to enjoy the fat is to get them cut thin, season and fry on high so you get a good crispy char on the fat...
Cook's Thesaurus: Pork Loin Cuts

Nice link Roch. I'm talking about bacon wrapping a thick pork sirloin cutlet = pork cutlet. Sorry about the bold..it C&P that way.

Nice link Roch. I'm talking about bacon wrapping a thick pork sirloin cutlet = pork cutlet. Sorry about the bold..it C&P that way.
Sure..I got that..I was just saying that you can get fattier chops if that is what you like..they usually hide them under the bone in center cut chops when you buy a family pack..:LOL:

Sure..I got that..I was just saying that you can get fattier chops if that is what you like..they usually hide them under the bone in center cut chops when you buy a family pack..:LOL:

We used to be able to get either rib chops or loin chops in the meat case at the supermarket, but some time back they quit offering the rib chops, which have always been my preferred cut, just as I prefer bone in beef rib steaks when I have steak. I assume that some change in the way they butcher and package eliminated the good rib chops, because I don't even see them much in the packages of mixed pork chops either. It's like all of a sudden, hogs quit growing rib chops, like some mutation or something. I know it likely has to do with the change in the overall image of reducing the fatty image of pork, but in my opinion, it's stupid.

I'll have to talk to the butcher in the small grocery store in town (our only option aside from Walmart) some day and see what he can do for me. I haven't really explored all of my local options... I know I can get custom cuts if I drive the 50 miles to the Safeway in Sidney, Nebraska - they have a pretty decent butcher department there.

Your supermarket butcher dept. should be willing to cut you rib chops.

Pirate loves his pork chops really thick. So when he goes to Market Basket he doesn't even waste his time at the meat display. He rings the bell and one of the butchers will come out to see what he wants. They are now used to him asking for 2 inch chops with the back fat left on. He always buys two. I cannot finish mine. So I just cut a couple of pieces off and give him the rest of what is left. Any supermarket store that has butchers in the back room will cut them to your specifications. But of course you know it will cost you more. They are hand processed and prime meat.

Pirate loves his pork chops really thick. So when he goes to Market Basket he doesn't even waste his time at the meat display. He rings the bell and one of the butchers will come out to see what he wants. They are now used to him asking for 2 inch chops with the back fat left on. He always buys two. I cannot finish mine. So I just cut a couple of pieces off and give him the rest of what is left. Any supermarket store that has butchers in the back room will cut them to your specifications. But of course you know it will cost you more. They are hand processed and prime meat.
If you ever get tired of the Pirate can I have him, please? The more I hear about him the more I like him.

If you ever get tired of the Pirate can I have him, please? The more I hear about him the more I like him.

He is all yours. And considering his father comes from the Lakes District, (Cockermouth) he has that accent down pat. He will fit right in.

Sometimes I have to laugh at him. He will be telling me a story about when his father would take him to a ballgame, and when his side was losing, he would start yelling and that heavy accent would come out.

And one of the benefits he brings is that he LOVES to cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom