Need Recipes For Leftover Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I have leftovers, which most of the time is pork because I am prone to gout so I don't cook it often and when I do I normally only eat a bit and then leave the rest for the kids. Since I buy my meat in bulk, I end up with a lot of it...

since you are diabetic, this recipe I use is probably not a great idea, it uses coke, brown sugar, etc...
Pulled Pork Enchilada Salad Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch

another simple idea is kabobs, when I have left over roasts and large pieces of meat, I will cube it all up, throw it on the skewers with some veggies and fruit {normally left over stuff, like cherry tomatoes, peppers, onion, apple, peach, zuke, eggplant, etc} mix up an oil based marinade, soak, brush, what ever I feel like doing and toss them on the grill or a grill pan, I have also used the clam grill for them, they are hard to mess up.
I let the kids make their own, I put all the ingredients in bowls and let them put their own on the sticks and even the weirdest combos work, once my son put banana peppers pineapple, bacon, chicken, and cheese ravioli on one, lol. We have also made some fried, get the entire stick after you put you chunks on it, dip it in batter, and toss it in the fryer, my wife came up with that idea, she is vegan and had a bunch of veggies on her, we were all teasing her about how healthy it loked and I was making french fries in the fryer, she coated her kabob and dropped it in, kind of like tempura on a stick....

anyway hope this helps, enjoy that pork..

Pork Fried Rice and Pineapple Fried Rice.

You could do a riff on that other San Francisco Treat--Joe's Eggs.

Spinach, scrambled eggs, and substitute chopped pork for the hamburger. Maybe fry the pork until it gets crispy around the edges as you heat it up.
Here's one recipe.

Joes Special Ground Beef, Spinach And Eggs) Recipe - Food.com

Copied, edited and printed. Thanks Whiskadoodle. It's different, but I think I'd like it and I usually have the ingredients on hand.

Pork Fried Rice and Pineapple Fried Rice.

You could do a riff on that other San Francisco Treat--Joe's Eggs.

Spinach, scrambled eggs, and substitute chopped pork for the hamburger. Maybe fry the pork until it gets crispy around the edges as you heat it up.
Here's one recipe.

Joes Special Ground Beef, Spinach And Eggs) Recipe - Food.com

There's a new one on me Whiska...this California girl never heard of Joe's Eggs before. It sounds deeeelish! Upon more research I see that mushrooms are often added too. :yum: I will definitely be making this.

Here's a little history and another recipe..
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Classic-Joes-Special

Last edited:
Leftover salad

1-1/3 cups rice
2-2/3 cup chicken stock

1 can black beans, 15-16 oz
3/4 pound plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped - we use a mix of colors
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup +/- chopped pork

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tblsp olive oil
2 tblsp fresh chopped basil or 2 tsp dried
1 tblsp chopped garlic

Cook rice and cool for 15minutes. We use orzo or other shaped pasta. Could also use a grain.

Add beans, tomatoes, pepper, chopped pork, garlic to rice and mix gently.

Mix vinegar, oil,basil, garlic, and S&P to taste. Add dressing to salad, toss, and adjust seasoning to taste.

Last edited:
You could dice some of the pork very small and use in making Chinese Egg Rolls. I make them often, and sometime change from the pork to using frozen shrimp. There are plenty of recipes available on the internet. Sometimes I will buy just one pork cutlet and grind it. I only make about 12 at a time. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom