OK-New here--Pork Loin recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Since I am new here I thought I would share a recipe with you.

OK, so you have a nice piece of Pork loin, one of my favorite pieces of meat.

What to do with it. Well you can roast it, grill it, slice and fry it but here is what I did---For a group of 60! I stuffed them and it was fantastic.

Here is how I did it.

Place the loin on your cutting board
medium.jpg

Take a knife and slice down one side of the loin about 1/2" to 3/4" in stopping the same distance from cutting all the way through
medium.jpg

Lay that flap of meat over and turn the knife 90 degrees and start cutting into the meat kind of unrolling it as you go.
medium.jpg

The idea is to get a slab of meat.
medium.jpg

In a bowl you need to make you stuffing. Similar to regular stuffing for Thanksgiving etc. Use bread crumbs, corn meal with peppers, onions, seasonings BUT add some fruits. I like raisins and apples for pork. Add Chicken stock to the stuffing mix until it is very moist.

Place a nice layer of stuffing on the meat.
medium.jpg

Then roll up like a jelly roll.
medium.jpg

When its rolled it should look something like this.

medium.jpg

Tie the roll with butchers twine. Glaze with your favorite pork glaze( I like a sesame ginger glaze). place on a rack, tent with aluminum foil and roast it in the oven at 325 until golden brown.

You don't have to worry about it drying out. With all that chicken broth it will remain very moist.

To serve, cut into slices at least 1" thick. You will have beautiful spirals of meat and stuffing. I like to make a simple onion soup to laddle over the top. A little chicken broth, diced onion, white wine, butter. Saute the onion in the butter, deglaze with the wine and add the broth. Spoon a little over the top of each slice as it is served.

Looks good, Jeff. The cutting to 'unroll' the roast is the hard part. Have you tried a spinach and feta cheese filling?

What a great teaching aid! Great photos.

About how many pounds was that loin? And about how long did it take to cook?

That was around 4 lbs if I remember right. I cooked it 3 hours--slow.

Oh I forgot--let it rest for while before slicing.

Last edited:
Looks good, Jeff. The cutting to 'unroll' the roast is the hard part. Have you tried a spinach and feta cheese filling?

No, the group I cooked that for would NOT enjoy that.. Personally I love Feta!!! although with the mild flavor of the pork I would have concerns with it becoming a bit strong.

No, the group I cooked that for would NOT enjoy that.. Personally I love Feta!!! although with the mild flavor of the pork I would have concerns with it becoming a bit strong.

Give it a try on a smaller scale by stuffing a chop.

What did I serve with it...
well considering the crowd we went pretty simple. A choice between regular baked potato or baked sweet potato, steamed mixed vegetables, salad and various cakes for desert.

If I were really serving it for a dinner party instead of a large crowd I would offer it up with a wilted lettuce salad, and bacon braised potatoes sprinkled lightly with fresh grated Romano cheese and a cold glass of German Spatlese. Apple crisp for desert with coffee.

Stuffed pork chop--yes, that would be another way to achieve a similar meal, but the presentation of the spiral on the plate is hard to beat.

...Stuffed pork chop--yes, that would be another way to achieve a similar meal, but the presentation of the spiral on the plate is hard to beat.

I agree.

I was only suggesting the chop as a way to try out the spinach and feta stuffing since you were concerned about the flavor of the cheese overpowering the pork.

I agree.

I was only suggesting the chop as a way to try out the spinach and feta stuffing since you were concerned about the flavor of the cheese overpowering the pork.

duh.... GREAT idea--ok I know what I am having Friday night!!!

Lovely job, Jeff!

Next time, don't forget to take a photo of the cooked and sliced finished product on the cutting board or plated, to show us! :chef:

Lee

Back
Top Bottom