Oven-fried pork chop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
This works..

Take 2 thick pork chops, season first, then roll in either oil, something mayonais or musturd. cheap Honey mustard works but too sweet for me, but Dijohn is too expensive, so like Frenche's brown mustard is good.

Then either panko or the blue can bread crumds..

Lay on a cookie sheet with oily tin foil, wet method..

or on a cookie cooling rack, dry more crunchie texture..

30 minutes at 350f. and they are done..

I was suprised they wood cook that fast.
But they where great, very tender 1 night meal..

Eric, Austin Tx.

I long ago threw the towel in attempting to make breaded pork chops. The bottom crust Always stuck to the pan. I think I will try your method baked on a cookie cooling rack.

If you are breading the double-cut Porterhouse pork chops you can carefully stand them on the bone end so both sides of the chop are exposed to the heat.

...Dijohn is too expensive, so like Frenche's brown mustard is good...
There is an Aldi grocery store in Pflugerville. I paid 89 cents for their 12-oz bottle of Dijon style mustard. It's very close to Grey Poupon. If you're ever out that way, buy a bottle. You'll like it, I'm sure.

I long ago threw the towel in attempting to make breaded pork chops. The bottom crust Always stuck to the pan. I think I will try your method baked on a cookie cooling rack.

A few years after I was married I complained to my mom I couldn't do breaded pork chops. I loved her recipe and thought I was following it to a T but without fail the crumbs stayed in the pan.

The secret? Bread your chops (or whatever) and refrigerate for minimum 20 minutes before hitting the pan. Works for me.

I also now, do the above and then finish them off in the pan in the oven.

Cast Iron or oven proof pan.

There is an Aldi grocery store in Pflugerville. I paid 89 cents for their 12-oz bottle of Dijon style mustard. It's very close to Grey Poupon. If you're ever out that way, buy a bottle. You'll like it, I'm sure.

Ive never found Grey Poupon to be that expensive... One jar lasts for months in my fridge, but I cant live without it.

Thanks for the recipe, Eric!

Ive never found Grey Poupon to be that expensive... One jar lasts for months in my fridge, but I cant live without it.

Thanks for the recipe, Eric!
Eric mentioned that Dijon is too expensive, so I suggested Aldi's as a cheaper alternative. I use the Aldi Dijon when I make my sandwich spread with horseradish and mayo, but my go-to choice for good use is Maille. :yum: Good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom