"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 04-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #21
Executive Chef

While this is not a picture of the one we cooked, this what our sausage stuffed pork loin looks like.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #22
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric

Stuffing a tenderloin, if you haven't done it before, can be pretty hard to explain in words. But basically, cut on both ends, and shove a sharpening steel through it. Wiggle it around to make it bigger. Put your stuffing (make sure it is cooked and cooled) in a piping bag. Shove it in one end. Squeeze the heck out of it. Then do what my mom taught me is called a over/under stich? I think that is what it called in sewing. Stich it with cooking twine.
see this is what im talking about..this is like heiroglyphics to me..ive never heard of cooking twine, or a piping bag, or a sharpening steel..as for your comments, yes friend that is why im asking here, to learn from chefs general cooking techniques and flavor association type stuff, broad questions so i can learn and experiment as i go... this is why im asking, because i like to experiment with my own recipes rather than just use other ones, and you can't do this without some basic knowledge...

ive come a **** of a long way though.. and this site has helped... i lurked awhile before i registered,

as for that procedure, is that for the huge pork loin? Or for the smaller little tenderloins... I cant imagine bringing out all of that heavy machinery for a little 5 oz filet(estimated how much it weighs buy how it looks in butchers window

Old 04-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #23
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainee
okay you have to be kidding..is that a black pepper crust? That is one of the best things i've ever seen.....
Old 04-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Not sure, no recipe was listed with that picture.

This might help, and even shows using a string.

Stuffed loin
Old 04-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #25
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainee
Not sure, no recipe was listed with that picture.

This might help, and even shows using a string.

Stuffed loin
Okay. Thats what im making for dinner tommorow night. Sweet
Old 04-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #26
Cook

Send a message via AIM to eric Send a message via Yahoo to eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylegsbig
see this is what im talking about..this is like heiroglyphics to me..ive never heard of cooking
You are asking awesome questions!
Quote:
as for that procedure, is that for the huge pork loin? Or for the smaller little tenderloins... I cant imagine bringing out all
The procedure I gave are for the Pork Loins. The ones others posted with pictures. Nice photos!
Quote:
of that heavy machinery for a little 5 oz filet(estimated how much it weighs buy how it looks in butchers window
5oz filets would be the Pork Tenderloins which is different from the loin. It would be pretty hard to stuff that. 5oz are a good size for 1 person. I did 3 weeks ago. Stuffed with dried apricots.
You will need to cook Pork Tenderloins like any other tenderloin. Short and fast or it starts to seize up tight and you will be chewing and chewing.

eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #27
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric
You are asking awesome questions!

The procedure I gave are for the Pork Loins. The ones others posted with pictures. Nice photos!

5oz filets would be the Pork Tenderloins which is different from the loin. It would be pretty hard to stuff that. 5oz are a good size for 1 person. I did 3 weeks ago. Stuffed with dried apricots.
You will need to cook Pork Tenderloins like any other tenderloin. Short and fast or it starts to seize up tight and you will be chewing and chewing.
Thanks for your replies man. I'm goign to first try the half pork loin. So i can cut a good hole and stuff it full with my hands. Then i'm going to wrap it with bacon. Not sure when im gonna stuff it with, but ill find out. Im thinking some molasses for sure, or can i use honey? Can i glaze it with honey? Then crust it with black pepper and stuff it with garlic and some other good spices
Old 04-14-2005, 10:11 PM   #28
Master Chef

i like ground sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, with cooked apples on the side. heavy on the sage. this is for chops.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #29
Head Chef

Rosemary and Balsamic vinegar and EVOO! Wonderful marinade - will post soon -

Also made a Pork loin stuffed with cheese/spinach polenta and a black cherry sauce - supreme! The recipe and complete step by step instructions from Cuisine magazine. I usually make two and freeze one.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #30
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
This is one of my favorite things for pork tenderloin, I also use it for pork chops.

Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

2(1 1/2 pound) pork tenerloins
1/2C. honey
2tsp. prepared mustard(I use about 4tsp.)
1/4C. brown sugar

Mix honey, mustard & brown sugar. Spread over pork & let marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Roast in 350F oven for 1 hour. 12 servings.

From The Four Ingredient Cookbook by Linda Coffee & Emily Cale

I also pour the marinade into a small sauce pan & bring it to a boil & reduce it by half to make a glaze to serve over the tenderloin when serving it.

Tags
None