Pata Humba (pork hock stew) recipe
1pc pork hock, quartered
4pcs plantain bananas, sliced
3tbsp lemon juice
2pcs oregano leaves
3pcs bay leaf
2tsp garlic, chopped
2pcs star anise
1tbsp tapioca thickener, dissolved in water
3pcs hard boiled egg, quartered
1/4c cooking oil
1tsp oyster sauce
1/4c soy sauce
1/4c tomato sauce
1tsp brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- fry bananas in oil, set aside
- marinate pork hock in saucepan with tomato sauce, lemon juice and soy sauce for 2 hours
- add water, star anise, oregano brown sugar and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and lower down the heat and simmer until pork hocks are tender.
- add oyster sauce and dissolved tapioca. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- add hard boiled egg and turn off the heat. Garnish with fried bananas. Serve hot.