Pig trotter stuffing? Need ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binny

Assistant Cook
Hey, I'm going to make stuffed pigs trotter and i was wondering what to put inside the trotter to compliment the pig.

So far im thinking of putting chicken/rabbit mousse, mushrooms and shallots. Or some sort of beans inside.

Im still undecided on the sauce and compliments.

So far ive skinned two trotters and deboned the other two with the feet still attached.

Any ideas would be great

Fantastic achievement, never tried to do it. I have eaten them in Italy and from distant memories they had cubes of pancetta and salami in them, they were also braised in a tomato sauce.
Rabbit ect sounds fab with maybe some chicken livers, sauce, what about a tart apple and calvados cream sauce.

you could do a reverse theme: mouth in foot.

guanciale and tongue, stuffed with garlic, peppers, and rice or white beans and greens into the trotters.

the guests can eat with a shoe horn. :chef:

you could do a reverse theme: mouth in foot.

guanciale and tongue, stuffed with garlic, peppers, and rice or white beans and greens into the trotters.

the guests can eat with a shoe horn. :chef:

:LOL: Tom mate I will resist posting the thoughts that are running through my head so as not to pollute this thread.
A plea to the mod who deleted the "should my sister wear this" yes it was spam but with Toms assistance it would have developed into a spammers nightmare.:)

Mario Batali did a trotter on his Molto Mario show. I think it was stuffed like Porcheta? or it had a it had a Cotochino Sausage crammed inside. Sorry Mi Italiano no es bueno!. check spelling of all above.
Eric, Austin Tx.

I must admit that it never occurred to me to stuff pig's feet. It sounds very interesting.
I have been eating pig's feet all my life and I have yet to find that they truly need anything but salt and pepper. I will have to look into this...Thanks!

Believe me its probably one of the underrated underused cuts.

Hopefully people won't catch onto it or it'll raise the prices up so high

How right you are binny! My Daddy was a meat market owner/operator when I was a kid and he could hardly give away beef tongue, or ox tails. Now they are the price of Fillet Mignon. I must admit though my only experience with pig trotters (love that term) was the huge jar of pickled pig feet he had on top of the meat case, and the hook tool he used to fish them out. I loved those little darlings. I don't remember them ever being refrigerated and to my knowledge nobody ever died. :rolleyes:
By the way, welcome to DC. ;)

How right you are binny! My Daddy was a meat market owner/operator when I was a kid and he could hardly give away beef tongue, or ox tails. Now they are the price of Fillet Mignon. I must admit though my only experience with pig trotters (love that term) was the huge jar of pickled pig feet he had on top of the meat case, and the hook tool he used to fish them out. I loved those little darlings. I don't remember them ever being refrigerated and to my knowledge nobody ever died. :rolleyes:
By the way, welcome to DC. ;)
Yeah like back in the day my chef tells me alot of this stuff.that happened before my time.

In the 80s beef cheeks, lamb shanks, ox tail, rump roast, brisket etc were sold so cheaply and cheeks and shanks were pretty much thrown away because no one bought them. Till people started getting creative they boosted the prices up. Its the same with chicken feet they would give 10kgs of it away for free. Now all the chinese restaurants use it and it costs $6.50 per kg.

Back
Top Bottom