Pork Breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to play around and use very cheap cuts of meat to make something super tasty. Just last night I found pork breasts for about $0.70/lbs so I got some.
So I know it’s the cut off spare rib tip lots of bones,etc but I think if I melt the meat down low and slow and make them like ribs they’ll be good. As well it’ll more or less be pulled pork for casseroles, stirfrys, etc.
I’m not expecting them to be a big thick meaty bite but yummy nonetheless.

Wondering if you guys have experience, thoughts or ideas on how to experiment with these.

Thanks

Can you tell me where you bought the pork breasts? I've been looking for where to buy them. Thanks so much!

Can you tell me where you bought the pork breasts? I've been looking for where to buy them. Thanks so much!
Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

This is an old post and I haven't seen Kevin around for quite a while. He mentioned further down in the thread that his parents and sister raise hogs, so he's able to specify the cuts he gets from them.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

This is an old post and I haven't seen Kevin around for quite a while. He mentioned further down in the thread that his parents and sister raise hogs, so he's able to specify the cuts he gets from them.

Oh. Thanks for replying to my question that quickly :) I noticed that the post was more than 3 years ago, but gave it a try, didn’t actually expect to get a response. Thanks again!

I, for one, had never heard of 'pork breast' and had to google them. Not really any great explanations out there. But then again it also took me years to figure out just what 'chicken fried steak' was! :wacko:
I'm just old enough to be set in my mind - breast meat is from a fowl and if you serve me 'chicken fried steak' I better see both :ohmy: chicken and steak on the plate. :LOL:

That being said, I accidentally bought some pork breast (big box store) thinking they were spareribs and cooked them accordingly. Well, needless to say I was disappointed and was glad I wasn't serving them to others.
So now I will reserve them (if I ever buy them again) for something definitely slow cooked.

But to answer your question notforme, ask the butcher in the meat department of a big box store. such as Loblaws, Fortinos, Foodland, Freshco, Independant.

I, for one, had never heard of 'pork breast' and had to google them. Not really any great explanations out there. But then again it also took me years to figure out just what 'chicken fried steak' was! :wacko:
I'm just old enough to be set in my mind - breast meat is from a fowl and if you serve me 'chicken fried steak' I better see both :ohmy: chicken and steak on the plate. :LOL:

That being said, I accidentally bought some pork breast (big box store) thinking they were spareribs and cooked them accordingly. Well, needless to say I was disappointed and was glad I wasn't serving them to others.
So now I will reserve them (if I ever buy them again) for something definitely slow cooked.

But to answer your question notforme, ask the butcher in the meat department of a big box store. such as Loblaws, Fortinos, Foodland, Freshco, Independant.

Thanks for your instruction. By the way, in my home country, pork breast is marinated with chilli, some salt, sugar then grilled and served with grilled okras. It tastes best if dipped into fermented tofu mixed with some chilli and sugar.

Back
Top Bottom