Pork Chop Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You shouldn't be able to taste the wine as such in your finished dish. It's there to enrich the flavour of the whole not to jump up and down shouting "Here I am, here I am".

Any time my food jumps up and down shouting "Here I am, here I am" I am going to run like heck!!!

You shouldn't be able to taste the wine as such in your finished dish. It's there to enrich the flavour of the whole not to jump up and down shouting "Here I am, here I am".

If you are getting a strident alcohol flavour that overpowers the rest of the ingredients you probably haven't cooked the wine down enough. I have a recipe for a French beef casserole which requires half a bottle of wine reduced to a few spoonsful!

And you know what they say - never cook with a wine you wouldn't be happy to drink. If it isn't fit to drink it isn't fit to cook with.

I know we have had this conversation before, but I CAN taste the alcohol in food with the first bite. And no it doesn't all cook out. Maybe my taste buds are just more sensitive to it. Sorry, but I spit it right out. The only time I can't taste it is in long simmering spaghetti sauce. And it is usually because the cook only put in enough to just enhance the flavor of the sauce. Less than a quarter of a cup. Just a splash. :)angel:

Back
Top Bottom