pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
i have some think boneless chops has anyone ever cubed them
and shishcabobed (sp). if so what else did you put on the skewer?
i was thinking pineapple and red pepers?

rickell said:
i have some think boneless chops has anyone ever cubed them
and shishcabobed (sp). if so what else did you put on the skewer?
i was thinking pineapple and red pepers?
We usually leave them whole, coat liberally with black pepper, then do skewers of pinapple,red peppers,mushrooms and sweet onion along side.
kadesma:)

I think that you'll be very disappointed in shish kabob using "Today's" pork. It is so lean that it dries out quickly unless marinated or brined. It will also be rather flavorless unless you add some flavor. Lamb and beef are much better kabob meats due to their higher fat content.

This is just my experience and opinion. Hopefully, someone else will be able to give you some alternatives.

Aurora said:
I think that you'll be very disappointed in shish kabob using "Today's" pork. It is so lean that it dries out quickly unless marinated or brined. It will also be rather flavorless unless you add some flavor. Lamb and beef are much better kabob meats due to their higher fat content.

This is just my experience and opinion. Hopefully, someone else will be able to give you some alternatives.

I have the pork marinating soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, mustard,
brown sugar and some fresh herbs. hop it turns out have already
started down the path of the shish kabobs won't grill until tomorrow.

That sounds like a good marinade. The oil, mustard and brown sugar should carmelize it nicely. Thats good that your waiting until tomorrow to grill them, alot of the marinade will soak into the pork making it tasty.

Your kabobs will come out juicy if they are not overcooked. I would make a test by cooking three individual pork cubes on individual bamboo skewers. I would cook one for 2 minutes, flip, and cook for two minutes more. Let rest for another minutes and cut it open. Is it still juicy, is it tender. Using the first test piece, adjust the timing to perfection with the next two pork cubes. And remember, in an oven, the heat is absorbed by the food and so lowers the oven temperature according to the volume of food. In other words, the more you put in it, at a given temperature, the longer it takes to cook.

This isn't true on a grill since the food is cooked by the infra-red radiation, that touches it, provided by the heat source. If it takes two minutes per side to cook one pork cube to perfection, it will take two minutes per side to cook several Kabobs, allowing that you don't space the skewers so closely as to impede air flow to the fire.

Following this testing technique should provide you with the info you require to make perfect kabobs.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom