Pork Chops W/Cranberry-Sage Chutney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
I love this recipe. It works well with skinless, boneless chicken breasts or turkey breasts. Either fresh or canned whole cranberries works as well.

PORK CHOPS WITH CRANBERRY-SAGE CHUTNEY - serves 2

2 each 6 oz boneless pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 Tbs chopped fresh sage leaves, divided
1/4 cup shallots
1/2 cup white wine (I always use white vermouth) or cranberry juice
1/2 cup canned or fresh whole cranberry sauce
Sage leaves for garnish

Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper, sprinkle with 1/2 Tbs of the chopped sage, pressing lightly into the meatl.. Melt 1 Tbs of butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chops and cook 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and center is light pink, turning once. Remove from skillet and keep warm on a plate.

Melt remaining butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook and stir 30 seconds. Add wine (or juice) and bring to a boil and scrap up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Boil 1-2 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in cranberry sauce and remaining 1/2 Tbs of chopped sage and bring to a simmer. Return chops to the skillet (add juices that drained from the chops, if any to the skillet) and simmer 1-2 minutes or until done and chutney is lightly thickened. Put chops on serving plates, top with chutney and garnish with whole sage leaves.

oh yum my son would just LOVE this.
next time i make chops this is what i'm
making !!! thank you for sharing this
recipe norges !!

middie said:
oh yum my son would just LOVE this.
next time i make chops this is what i'm
making !!! thank you for sharing this
recipe norges !!

THanks, and my pleasure middie. I said earlier when I saw the organizing recipes thread that I needed to do that so I have been going through the boxes, files, clippings, etc. and am posting the ones I liked best here to share with everyone. I usually do not make them, as it is just me. Some of them I have adapted the recipe for one or two servings. Sometimes difficult. HOpe you like them.

Back
Top Bottom