"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 10-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Pork chops with cheese & green chile for Lefse

My dad used to make this for us, it was my favorite meal! Talk about comfort food, here is one of mine. I make it different than my dad and my sis makes it different than me. So here is the basic outline of my recipe.

What you need:
Thick boneless pork chops
panko or cornflake crumbs
and egg or two depending on how many your making
a few tablespoons of flour
cheddar cheese, shredded (we love extra sharp)
green chile
garlic salt
pepper
olive oil for frying

(I stuff my pork chops and Opinanita cooks the chops whole and throws green chile & cheese on top and melts it)
For stuffed- I make a pocket in the pork chop, then I pound the chops to make them thin. Not too thin, though, or you'll create holes. Then I stuff them with the chile & cheese. dh likes his "super stuffed" I put a lot in. Then I seal up the pocket as best I can. Dip it in beaten eggs then dust with flour and dip it in the panko (which also has some garlic salt & pepper in it. Sometimes some parmesan too). Then I fry it over med high until the chop is cooked through. (My dad always fried them in Crisco)

Questions?

Old 10-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds wonderful Cora,
One I am going to give a try for my family. I love any recipe that we share with our loved ones..Helps you remember all the good times as well as the bad and sad... I think we all have a mom or dad favorite..Mom did pork chops in wine and dad made his pinto beans and bacon..Two I fix for us as they sneak back into my memory.
kadesma

Old 10-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Cook

When Cora and I were little, we didn't eat green chile so our Dad would make it for us with just cheese. We would both get excited when our Dad was making "Pork chops with cheese". It's definitely a comfort food for me too. Then we would have mashed potatoes as a side dish and either corn or peas. I always wanted peas and Cora always wanted corn. Now my Fiance and I eat the pork chops with wild rice and sauteed squash. We substitute the mashed potatoes with the wild rice in an effort to eat healthier. God I miss those mashed potatoes.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Executive Chef

bumped for Constance
Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
Master Chef

Many thanks! Copied and pasted.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Corazon!That looks soo good.But being a fellow New Mexican any excuse to eat green chili ,pork and green chili were made for each other.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #7
Executive Chef

I thought you might like this jpmc!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Corazon!I love it and cant wait to make it.We are chili addicts which alot of people will never understand until they spend some time in The Land of Enchantment.

Tags
None