Pork Chops with Cider Cream Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
the ones with cider cream gravy. good good good

notes:
browned lean chops in ss pan, probably would have been better off with fattier chops in cast iron skillet

had to add a little flour to thicken up the gravy to preferred consistency

handy husband LOVED the gravy

barbarian daughter still put ketchup on meat (gravy on rice only)

oh yeah, I liked 'em too. Will make these again!

Shame on you for posting this one....I miss you Mudbug!!

(And I got some chops today, too!)

Ketchup!!!!! Smack her upside the head for me. Thast what would have happened to me if I did that when I was a kid. :LOL: My son inlaw puts that stuff on everything. Ughhh :!: I won't even put it on french fries. I use Tarter Sauce or Mayo with Wasabi powder.

Ketchup has its place, but not on everything like my idiot daughter prefers.

Made pork chops again tonite, using brine. Turned out great, and I managed to make a great pan gravy again. I am beginning to think I can take gravy off the list of stuff I can't do well.

Bang, barbarian idiiot daughter did not partake of excellent gravy. Consider her well smacked.

p.s. miss you too, Auds.

My son puts ketchup on potato chips. They taste just like french fries :!:

The ketchup reminds me of an episode of "Chef" once where, even without tasthing his food, a patron wanted salt and pepper. Well, Chef overheard this and went ballistic ... explained that the food had been prepared with the utmost of care to be seasoned correctly - and he was going to go back into the kitchen and throw himself on his knife .. or something like that. After the hostess urged the patron a little more to try a taste he agreed it was perfect. With a smile of accomplishment on her face she asked, "now, is there anything else I can get for you" - to which the gentleman's female dining partner saked, "Can I get some mustard?"

Back
Top Bottom