Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I bought some thin cut top round tenderloin and some cubed pork on sale. Does anyone have interesting ideas on how to prepare it?:question:

Not sure what you have there, JG. You mention pork loin, top round (not a pork cut) and tenderloin as well as cubed pork.

Please clarify.

Sorry, disregard the "top round"

The package of cubed reads: pork loin top loin chops boneless tenderized.

The thin chops: pork loin top loin chops thin cut.

Sorry, disregard the "top round"

The package of cubed reads: pork loin top loin chops boneless tenderized.

The thin chops: pork loin top loin chops thin cut.

For the cubes you can make chili or a pork stew.

For the chops, Id sear them in a hot skillet, remove and cook up some sliced onions in the skillet, add a roux and make a gravy. Put the chops back in and finish cooking them. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Just dump in a can of cream of mushroom soup with the pan fried chops.
It makes a heavenly gravy with pork!!!!!!

Some of the characteristics of pork loin that I like are: even texture throughout the whole cut, and how well it holds up to aggressive flavoring. I've heard that the trich worm is no longer a health concern, but I would still make sure to cook it thoroughly. But not to overcook it, especially a thin cut, so it doesn't get tough and dry.

I ditto the suggestions: chops are great soaked in gravy, and pork chunks in a green chile stew is one of my favorite dishes. It also stir-fries well. Cut the thin chops into thin ribbons, cook with long juliennes of your choice of veggies and an oriental sauce. Serve with rice or a thin flat bread like tortilla.

Back
Top Bottom