Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork Tenderloin Bacon Wrapped Medallions!

My favorite take on Pork Tenderloin is the Bacon Wrapped Medallions I make! Then, poor a little Marsala Sauce on top and they are great.
baconwrappedporkmedallions.jpg

PrincessFiona60:

Here is my Dad's Czech Dumpling recipe:

2 slices toast, diced
2 c. Flour
2 eggs
1/2 c. Milk
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda

Mix ingredients. Knead 3 or 4 times. Cover and let rest 1/2 (very stiff dough). Cut in half. Divide each half into 3 or 4 sections. Roll into balls. Drop into boiling broth or water. Cover pot. Turn to simmer for 30 minutes. DO NOT lift lid or stir as the dumplings will shrink and turn into nasty hard globs. These are bread textured large dumplings. I usually cook them on a pot of pork and cabbage or sour kraut. Also good with gravy and German style meals.

PrincessFiona60:

Here is my Dad's Czech Dumpling recipe:

2 slices toast, diced
2 c. Flour
2 eggs
1/2 c. Milk
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda

Mix ingredients. Knead 3 or 4 times. Cover and let rest 1/2 (very stiff dough). Cut in half. Divide each half into 3 or 4 sections. Roll into balls. Drop into boiling broth or water. Cover pot. Turn to simmer for 30 minutes. DO NOT lift lid or stir as the dumplings will shrink and turn into nasty hard globs. These are bread textured large dumplings. I usually cook them on a pot of pork and cabbage or sour kraut. Also good with gravy and German style meals.

Thank you so much, they sound great. Next time I stew a chicken this is what I am topping it with!

I often cut back the salt especially when made with kraut.

Leftovers are marvelous if sliced and fried in butter. Yummo!

Well, I didn't get the kraut loving genes...so I don't have to worry about that.:) I do low salt on everything...my BP can't handle the overload.

Well, I didn't get the kraut loving genes...so I don't have to worry about that.:) I do low salt on everything...my BP can't handle the overload.

My BP has caused me trouble over 20 years. Ham is the thing which kills me. I just suck down my meds and eat normally. Fortunately, I have never been a big salt user. Won't eliminate salt completely, as food is tasteless without it.

Back
Top Bottom