Pork Loin and Vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

les

Sous Chef
I'd been at The London Clothes Show all day Friday & when I got home my other half had cooked my favourite meal, so I lowered my aching feet in a foot spa & enjoyed the meal. Sorry about the pale looking picture, sometimes the taste isn't represented in the photo.

Pork Loin and Vegetables

pork-in-veg3.jpg

Serves 4
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 2 Hours 5 mins
Ingredients

• 4 Medium leeks, washed and finely sliced
  • ½ Medium swede, peeled and diced into very small cubes
  • 6 Medium carrots, washed and diced into small cubes
  • 300ml/10 fl oz Chicken stock
  • 300ml/10fl oz Dry white wine
  • 4 Thin pork loins
  • 30 ml/2tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method

• Pre heat the oven to 325°F/170°C/Gas mark 3
  • Put the leeks, swede, and carrots into a heavy saucepan (must be oven proof) add the olive oil and gently heat and stir for 3-4 minutes so the vegetables are coated in oil
  • Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
  • Add the chicken stock and wine, bring to the boil then add the pork
  • Make sure the meat is covered with the vegetables and stock
  • Cover the saucepan or transfer to casserole dish with a lid and cook in the oven 160°/170° C/325°F/Gas mark 3 for 2 hours,
  • Serve with creamy mashed potatoes
Equipment

• Large saucepan/ovenproof dish
Shopping List

• 4 Medium leeks
  • ½ Medium swede
  • 6 Medium carrots
  • 300ml/10 fl oz Chicken stock
  • 300ml/10fl oz Dry white wine
  • 4 Thin pork loins
  • 30 ml/2tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure looks yummy! Not sure what you can do t color up pork loin, though, since it tends to be quite pale. Any coloration usually indicates burning, in my case!

What is a swede? In my neck of the woods, they'd be hard to get into a pot... but not nearly as tough as a Norwegian...

Looks good to me - if you wanted to add some color contrast
maybe red and green pepper might work.
Wyogal - I think a Swede is a rutabaga.

yes, swede is a rutabaga...I wish they called it the same thing round the world :cool:
the red & green peppers sound good for colour but it would alter the taste, unfortunately ...but that's just my personal choice, & thank you for taking the time to comment :) x

One could brown the veggies and meat a bit before adding liquid. It will alter the flavor, and one can do it gently without burning. That said, I think it looks lovely, as is.

One could brown the veggies and meat a bit before adding liquid. It will alter the flavor, and one can do it gently without burning. That said, I think it looks lovely, as is.
thanks Kathy, I enjoyed reading your blog yesterday :chef:

This is my Pork Tenderloin dish I made two weeks ago, my friend is working on a cookbook, so he asked me to come over and help him with some ideas...since we couldnt find any duck we went with pork and it turned out really nice. Hot cherry smoked pistachio crusted pork tenderloin atop citrus rice and sauteed sugar snap peas topped with a cherry smoked corn, papaya salsa. All topped with a red wine, pomegranate sauce.

4223_108977866292_636321292_3101504_6054374_n.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._108977866292_636321292_3101504_6054374_n.jpg

This is my Pork Tenderloin dish I made two weeks ago, my friend is working on a cookbook, so he asked me to come over and help him with some ideas...since we couldnt find any duck we went with pork and it turned out really nice. Hot cherry smoked pistachio crusted pork tenderloin atop citrus rice and sauteed sugar snap peas topped with a cherry smoked corn, papaya salsa. All topped with a red wine, pomegranate sauce.

4223_108977866292_636321292_3101504_6054374_n.jpg

that looks lovely :chef:

Back
Top Bottom