Pork loin cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
A local grocery store, famous for the great meat it has, has whole, boneless pork loins (cut and wrapped for free) for $1.79 a pound.

Pork is a "new" meat for me since hubby never liked it until now. Is that a good price???

Miss Angie...

That is a fairly common "advertised" price for a whole boneless loin in my area. I don't recall seeing it any cheaper. So I would say it is a pretty good price.

That's a very good price for our area as well. I buy them cryovac packed and cut them into chops and roasts.

Yummm...cut them into chops is a great idea! I'm really "pork" uneducated. Hubby likes bacon but not much else that comes from the pig!

Wow, Angie. That's a great price. I'd cut it into a few chops, a small roast and then cut the "frags" into chunks for stir-fry. You can get a lot out of a great big loin...and at that price, you can eat like royalty.

When it's marked down like that I by 3 or 4 and pop them in the freezer. It's one of the finest cuts of meat you can buy.

I have a few different ways of cooking loin that I never get tired of.

:)Yep,I would go for it just be sure to not over cook it. medium at the most a little bit of pink in the meat is what you want.

$1.69-$1.99 pound is my buy range on pork, and I'm cheap to a fault! :)

A simple pork roast recipe I like to fall back on is to just rub the whole surface liberally with minced garlic, marjoram, and a bit of salt and pepper, then roast uncovered until internal temp hits 165F.

I'd buy it too, we eat it a lot - chicken fried, grilled, roast and cubed for pork chop suey, it is the other white meat, very lean - Pork rules !

I'd buy it too, we eat it a lot - chicken fried, grilled, roast and cubed for pork chop suey, it is the other white meat, very lean - Pork rules !

Well, you don't want it TOO lean... A bit of marbling makes all the difference in the world. :pig:

Since we're on the topic of cost, could some one tell me how much Pork would cost per pound if you just wanted some for a stew? Basically the pork equivilant to Beef Select... Please! ^~^:(

Welcome to DC Solomon!! Make yourself at home.

For pork stew look for Pork (Boston) butts. Sometimes they are advertised at 99 cents per pound. Anything from around $1.49 and down would be good also.

Have Fun!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom