Pork Loin Roast Tailor-Made for Maelinde

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Maelinde, I saw your post in "How Do You Cook Your Pork Chops". This recipe should tempt you. Hope you like it.

Wait, you just might like this one as well - Apple Braised Pork Chops

Apple Braised Pork Chops
Apples and pork dance across your tongue in perfect ahrmony, like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, without the foot odor of course. Once you have learned this basic technique, play with the spices a bit. The best apples will be strong flavored, tart, but with a pleasant sweetness. Try Gayla Apples. They hold up well during cooking. Or, you can use apple sauce if you prefer.
Try flavorings such as cinnamon, cloves, allspice, etc. You can also replace the apples with apricot or peach preserves. This dish will leave your crew smiling.
Ingrediants:
1 lean Pork Chop per person
Salt
Pepper
6 medium Apples, cored, peeled, & sliced
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1/8 tsp. Cloves
1/4 cup brown sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda plus 1/2 tsp. Blackstrap
Molasses
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the apples, lemon juice, Allspice and Cloves into a non-reactive bowl. Gently stir until the apples are evenly coated with the spices. Add the brown sugar, or brown sugar replacement.
Pour the oil into a roasting pan and spread it around the bottom and sides evenly. Place 1/2 of the apple mixture evenly across the pan bottom. Place the chops on top of the apple. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Spread the remaining apples on top. Cover the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot with fluffy brown rice and freshly steamed green beans.

Pork Loin Roast

This recipe was written up today for our Tribal Paper, but was made a couple nights ago.

It’s barbecue season again. Break out your favorite grill and get some practice in for a great summer of fun, sun, and good food with family and friends. This pork loin roast recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Think perfect spare ribs quality, without the bone. Here’s how were going to do it. Pay attention kids, this is valuable info. 
Barbecued Pork Loin

Ingredients:
3 lb. boneless pork loin

Dry Rub:
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbs. chili powder
1 tbs. granulated onion powder
2 tsp. granulated garlic powder

Filling:
½ cup apple butter

Wood chips (can be maple, birch, cherry, apple, tag-alder, oak, mesquite, or hickory)

Get the charcoal started in your grill, or fire up the gas grill.

Combine everything except the pork , apple butter, and wood chips in a large bowl. Dry the roast with paper towels. Rub softened butter all over the pork. Rub the meat all over with the dry rub mixture. To form a pocket for the apple butter, cut a slit almost all the way through the roast, lengthwise, leaving the ends closed. Spread the apple butter in the pocket.

Enclose the wood chips in a packet made from aluminum foil. Poke holes in the packet to release smoke. Separate the coals into two piles, or turn on the outside burners of the gas grill. Place the wood chips on the fire.

Make a drip pan out of heavy duty foil but folding the sides upwards and crimping in the corners. Fold the top edge downward to brace you drip pan. Place between the charcoal beds and add 2 cups of water to the pan. Place the neat onto the grill between the charcoal beds. Cover and reduce heat or close vents halfway. Cook for ½ hour. Check the temperature in the thickest part of the roast. It’s done when the thermometer reads 145’ F., though most people like about 150’ pork better (don’t ask me why because it’s no safer, and is tougher and drier).

Slice into half-inch thick rounds and serve on a platter surrounded by salad greens, or flowering kale.
Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief,

Thank you! :) These recipes sound divine and delicious. :yum:

I think Randy will appreciate them as well.

No grilling outside for us right now, as our backyard is a tad bit flooded from all that rain we're getting in North Texas. Our Sci-Fi club's picnic has been rescheduled twice - and most likely cancelled until this weather clears up.

This time 'round, I'm going to try the pan sautéed chops in Redd's Apple Ale. When I get a pork loin roast, I'll definitely try that recipe you posted. I never thought of using apple butter with pork. I love apple butter, so that will be an intriguing and interesting roast.

The chops recipe sounds delish too, so I'll do that the next time I cook up pork chops. :pig:

YUM and thank you. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom