Pork Loin roast w/garlic,balsamic vinaigrette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
:mad: I made the above from a recipe on Food TV.....the attractive Italian young lady with the cleavage....ROFL.....I can't think of her name.
Anyway.....the roast took forever to cook....much longer than the recipe stated, and, it was almost tasteless even with the vinaigrette recipe that went with it.
Does anyone have a t and t recipe for all this leftover roast I have?
Thanks in advance.

ella/TO

How about sliced thin for sandwiches! Or one of your fabulous gravys, and serve sliced with smashed tators! A side or two, and you have dinner!

Have fun & Enjoy!!

Ella, I would make them into fajitas. Saute some pepper strips and some sliced onion in butter til soft and then toss in the pork roast after you cut it in strips. Just warm the meat and serve the mixture rolled up in a tortilla shell with some grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. A dollop of sour cream and salsa wouldn't go amiss either.

Alix said:
Ella, I would make them into fajitas. Saute some pepper strips and some sliced onion in butter til soft and then toss in the pork roast after you cut it in strips. Just warm the meat and serve the mixture rolled up in a tortilla shell with some grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. A dollop of sour cream and salsa wouldn't go amiss either.

niiiiiice. I didnt see that it is leftover. Sandwhiches, the fajittas, or a crock pot of apple cider, ketchup, garlic and tabasco for some pulled pork sandwhiches would bring some flava back to it as well.

I get my best flavor from pork loin by browning in a VERY hot skillet first then finishing in a very hot oven. All that nice flavor comes from the caramelizing IMHO. And you REALLY have to be sure you had enough salt and pepper on the outside. The balsamic/garlic sauce would be another way to add flavor to this for sure.

Just know that a pork loin just isn't a HUGE mouthful of flavor to begin with, again IMHO. It's low in fat, which doesn't help. Cooked medium (still a bit pink in the middle) is the only way I can get the best flavor also.

You could also finely mince and take a recipe for lettuce wraps and use it that way too.

Ella, that's disappointing when a recipe doesn't turn out as you had hoped. I take it you are looking for ideas for leftovers.

How about...

Serve the roast with a sweet potato casserole, cornbread & green beans.

Slice the pork thinly and make a pork salad - shredded cabbage, mandarin oranges or pineapple chunks, green onions, snow peas & an Asian dressing.

Or, a salad of blue cheese, pears & walnuts over mixed baby greens.

Pork fried rice with pineapple chunks.

Add the pork to assorted stir-fry veggies.

Pork noodle bowl - add the pork to cooked cellophane noodles (or thin pasta like angel hair), broccoli, shredded carrots or red and green diced peppers, green onions & soy sauce.

Moo Shoo Pork.

(Not this one.)
:ermm:

Last edited:
If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a link to the recipe? And was it just the cooking time/lack of flavor that you didn't like about the recipe?

I was just surprised to hear that one of Giada's recipes wasn't fabulous. I haven't tried a ton of them or anything, but I've been quite happy with the ones I have tried. Also, I've always though pork loin to have a great natural flavor, in addition to being generally very receptive to other flavors as well.

Back
Top Bottom