Pork Marsala Kind of anyway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjcotton

Senior Cook
I was going to make Pork Marsala today according to a CuisineAtHome recipe, but, my family didn't want the marsala/butter sauce, they wanted the cream sauce. Here's what my attempt looked like..my family said I done good!

img_304199_0_e3b31032b56046528534c05a352ccb90.jpg

I started with 1 1/2" thick pork loin chops, brined them, dried them and dredged them in flour/salt/pepper mixture and then browned them in my pan. Removed them to a baking sheet in a 350F oven. Poured off the excess oil, added 3 Tbs unsalted butter and then sauteed my sweet onions and garlic until fragrant; added 8 cups button and crimini mushrooms and sauteed until they began to brown. Removed them to a warming plate; added 1/2 cup dry marsala and 1/4 cup chicken broth and reduced. Added 2 cups heavy cream and 1 cup half-and-half, brought to a simmer and simmered until reduced and thickened. Removed the chops from the oven, mushrooms from the warming oven and served. I actually served two different types of pork chops with it. Four I just dredged in the flour mixture and four I rubbed with a Creole mix this morning and then dredged in the flour mixture. Both were nice and juicy, but I personally liked the rubbed ones best.

Billy that looks great!! Do you do most/all of the cooking at home? Im hungry just looking at it.:( :rolleyes:

Oh boy do I love pork, there are some wonderful apple marinated pork cuts around now and I am so pleased that pork is as lean as it is now. My sis used to do all her fries in rendered pork fat...there is no doubt they were the best but our veins suffered:)

Back
Top Bottom