Pork Ribs Suggestions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lifter! You stole my thunder by a mere 20 minutes! :LOL: I used the mustard rub again and also used the brown sugar rub, after 4 hours at 250F the meat was extremely tender but the best part was the drippins!' I placed a glass pan under the foil wrapped ribs to catch said drippins and it tastes exquisite! Forget the BBQ sauce! I must try your method Lifter, I'm pretty happy with my success so far and I definitely need to keep rolling for as long as my luck can hold out! :D 8)

By all means give it a shot DC! The taste is "unique"...Tho', if you have no blood pressure issues, you might "tweak" it a bit and wash the parboiled ribs with soya sauce, after parboiling them, before "salting" them...I can't do that anymore...

Note if you try this with your "country rib" cuts, you might need to go "long" and "strong" on the marinade...but it works GREAT with baby back ribs! I'd be thrilled if you tried it and liked it!

Lifter

Lifter, I will give you a report no later than Monday evening! My blood pressure is a touch high but I don't think preparing (and enjoying) your recipe will put me over the edge! ;) :D

Great!

Do those ones, then stand by the deep fryer, and I'll dig out the ingredients and methodology for "Kindersley Road House Ribs", which are, in fact, "to die for", if a little fussy on the preparation side...

Lifter

Hi Lifter.
Hope I haven't arrived too late to the party. Maybe something to think on in the future. While I have not tried these, they looked pretty good. See what you think.

TONY ROMA'S BABY BACKS
1 Cup Ketchup
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 Cup Dark corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
2 teaspoons Sugar
1/4 teaspoons Tabasco pepper sauce

Combine the above ingredients. Heat over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat, simmer 30-40 minutes until thick. Coat 4 pounds of baby back pork ribs, front and back, with BBQ sauce.

My guess is that someone from Tony.Roma's. demonstrated the making of the BBQ sauce. The exact information was not posted at the website.

TONY ROMA'S MOUTH-WATERING, FALL-OFF-THE-BONE RIBS
Chef Denis Zeeb, Tony Roma's - azfamily.com
2 racks (4 pounds) St. Louis ribs, skin removed from the backside of the ribs
Water
Barbecue sauce (any variety) (maybe try the one above?)

Place ribs on a rack inside a baking pan. Fill pan with about 1 inch of water. Cover pan with plastic wrap, then wrap with aluminum foil (to create a steaming effect); bake at 450°F for 2 hours.

Remove from oven about 10 minutes before ready to serve. Heat grill to high. Place ribs meat-side down on the hot grill. Baste with barbecue sauce. When you notice the juice in the bone begin to bubble, turn over and baste the other side of the ribs with barbecue sauce. Juice in the bone should begin to bubble again, then turn once more to cook briefly as the sauce caramelizes. Servings: 4

OOps. Also wanted to mention, if anyone is interested, somewhere on this site think I posted a clone recipe for Tony Roma's Onion Ring Loaf. (Gotta have a great side for those ribs.) :)

Removing membrane from ribs.

lifer says,

(BTW, Cliff, you are showing a good deal of knowledge in cooking ribs by removing that back membrane!)(Supersmart concept!)

Makes me feel like I've been in the Dark Ages!

I have cooked a good quanity of ribs in my day but, I have never heard of removing the membrane from the back.

How about teaching an "old dog" a old trick?

Charlie

That's one of the reasons to be on the "List"...to pick up new "turns and twists" on how to improve one's results...

Trimming that membrane will get a lot done for you!

Lifter

Back
Top Bottom