"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner_chef View Post
lol, Come on over! I've got enough ribs, that's for sure!

Unfortunatly, Neither of us like cole slaw, and i've never made potato salad. I'll have to find a recipe for it and try to make it someday..
Well shoot...maybe just bake some tators...Then again with the ribs, beans, and bread ya don't need anything else...Well, except maybe some Chocolate ice cream for dessert

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
Senior Cook

OP, let us know how they turned out :)

Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Everything turned out awesome!!!

I was very impressed with how the ribs turned out. It was a tad spicy for me, but everyone else disagreed. They all loved it. It was so tender, which really surprised me since it wasn't covered with foil or anything. The barbeque sauce was VERY good! I've never made my own BBQ sauce before. The recipe I used was very easy, and tasted just as good as any bottled kind i've tried.

I ended up making the baked beans and 'Dirty Mash' that I'd just read about a couple days ago on here.

Then of course, more of that wonderful Honey Butter Bread!

It was a very good dinner, if I do say so myself!!!

Thanks to all of you!!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hooray for you! I knew your meal would be a success and that everyone would enjoy it! Congratulations! Keep up the great work.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Bravo Miss BC....Bravo!!! Ya done good!! I wish I could have made it there for supper!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Congrads! Spend a little more time in the BBQ/smoking section of the forums!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
Everymom

Just adding a subscription to this thread. I keep losing it!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Put a dry rub on both sides...Gazillions of recipes can be found....Set your oven in the 225* range....Lay the ribs directly on the rack in the middle of your stove...Place a cookie sheet/foil etc underneath to catch any drippings....Let them cook....No peeking!! Somewhere in the 4 1/2 hour range + or - they will be done...The last 15 minutes you can sauce them with your favorite sauce...Let them rest for a few minutes...slice and serve!

It's easy --- Have Fun --- And Enjoy!
Hmm, I would be afraid they would dry out- I'm interested in trying this method though! I usually put the ribs on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet, put some water in the bottom of the sheet and cover the whole thing with tin foil. I bake at 300 for 2 hrs. They turn out fall off the bone tender. Just curious, do you think putting liquid smoke in the water would lend any flavor to the meat? I have been planning to try this the next time I make ribs. Any thoughts on that?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Hmm, I would be afraid they would dry out- I'm interested in trying this method though! I usually put the ribs on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet, put some water in the bottom of the sheet and cover the whole thing with tin foil. I bake at 300 for 2 hrs. They turn out fall off the bone tender. Just curious, do you think putting liquid smoke in the water would lend any flavor to the meat? I have been planning to try this the next time I make ribs. Any thoughts on that?
Sure, liquid smoke would definitly work if you like the flavor of it. I have tried exactly that. The meat shouldn't dry out at 225. That is the general temp for smokers and the minimum you can cook things while allowing the bacteria to be killed. I think one thing you should keep in mind is the thickness of your ribs, and fat content. These things will need to be considered when figuring out your cooking time.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

i really like the ones i did recently in my new crock-pot. pour honey bbq sauce on em. served dinner guests. all were eaten. guess i'll stick with that method.

Tags
None