"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 11-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
When you rub the ribs, only so much will stick. Make about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of rub - it will be plenty.

ChefJune's recipe reminds me of ribs my neighbor made - they were yummy. I think she even told me there were times she used vinegar only and nothing else, well, except salt and pepper.

When I think of a slab of pork ribs I think of my mother baking them over a skillet of sauerkraut - YUM!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Thanks kitchenelf, I did what i thought was good i think it was a about 1/2 c of rub. I also made flan for dessert. cute avatar!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie24
Thanks kitchenelf, I did what i thought was good i think it was a about 1/2 c of rub. I also made flan for dessert. cute avatar!
Let us know how they turned out !!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Just cook it long and slow....300 degrees for about 3 hours. No need to boil ribs ever if you cook them long and slowly enough.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

A nice cool flan sounds like the perfect accompaniment. What else are you having?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
Just cook it long and slow....300 degrees for about 3 hours. No need to boil ribs ever if you cook them long and slowly enough.
I agree...not need to boil. I wrap them in foil with the dry rub. Cook 3 hrs. at 300 or so on a baking sheet. Nearing the end of cooking time I open them up and cover with homemade bbq sauce. They fall off the bone and are just yummy. I like to serve mine with baked beans (I do mine in the crockpot) and coleslaw. Cornbread side.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
Senior Cook

MmMMmm they were so good. I baked for 2 hours then grilled on the bbq turning 2 times and brushed on bbq sauce with each turn. They fell off the bone and was nice and crisp from the bbq with the great grill marks. Will definately do again. We had it with mashed potatoes and some mac and cheese and flan for dessert. i know i needed some veggies on the plate but oh well the meal was great without it.

With the country style ribs that i boil. I boil them with some seasonings in the water for about 1/2 hour and then bake in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes and they just fall apart. My fam loves it this way. Its great when i dont have much time or if i forget to defrost overnight and need to cook and defrost in the same day, definate time saver and i love how it tastes with adding the seasonings to the water.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Thanks everyone for all the help, i can always depend on you guys when i need an idea quick.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:44 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine l
I agree...not need to boil. I wrap them in foil with the dry rub. Cook 3 hrs. at 300 or so on a baking sheet. Nearing the end of cooking time I open them up and cover with homemade bbq sauce. They fall off the bone and are just yummy. I like to serve mine with baked beans (I do mine in the crockpot) and coleslaw. Cornbread side.

When's dinnner??
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #20
Executive Chef

ChefJune

What is the brand name of your grill pan? Thanks for recipe sounds like serious cooking. What did you serve with them?

Tags
None