Pork Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smilineyes1

Assistant Cook
i am looking for a marinade that consists of using apples i want to use this marinade on pork steaks i hpe that someone out there could help me thanks in advance i will be using fresh apples to make my marinade if that makes it any easier to help me lol

Last edited:
My school internet is messed up right now. I'm the only one smart enough to get around that right now, but only to an extent.
I got a link from google that had a description of what looked like an apple marinade.

www.hotsauceworld.com/cookingaids.html

I didn't get to check. So don't kill me if it isn't

Smilineyes, you could use apple juice as your base for your marinade and go from there adding what herbs you like. I think I'd start with a liter of apple juice, add 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of coarse salt, toss in a few sprinkles of sage and rosemary, and a sniff of soy sauce.

Take a peek in the marinade forum, maybe there is something there that would work for you.

I'm not a fan of apple on my meat so I'm afraid I'm not much help. Sorry!

smilineyes1 said:
i am looking for a marinade that consists of using apples i want to use this marinade on pork steaks i hpe that someone out there could help me thanks in advance i will be using fresh apples to make my marinade if that makes it any easier to help me lol

Another way of getting the apples in (which I LOVE) would be to use it in your sauce. I'm not sure apples would stand up to the marinade.
You could lightly dredge your steaks in flour and sear/brown. Remove. Saute a little onion or shallot and then add some apple slices and saute a bit more. Flame with cognac, if you want. Return the chops, to the pan, add some frozen apple juice concentrate cover and simmer to just finish cooking the chops (don't overcook). You could even gild the lily and add some sour cream or cream at the end to finish your sauce. A bit of sage or even garam masala would be a nice addition to the mix/sauce.

Back
Top Bottom