Pork stroganoff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherifffruitfly

Senior Cook
Like the title says. I got no beef at the moment, but have a pound of pork loin sirloin chops sittin doin nothin. I'd like something stroganoff-like - thick, goopy, creamy, yummy, hangover-go-away kinda stuff.

Any suggestions?

I guess I could just make my supersecret sauce. Mushroom soup and a lotta thyme - lol

cdj

Hmmm...I do like pork and I do like stroganoff. So I'm hoping you'll go for it and let us know!!!

Bless your heart! Rough evening, Alix? Or preparing in advance...?? 8)

LMAO Audeo! Planning in advance of course! It is the Grey Cup here today (kick off in minutes) and the festivities are planned. Tonights meal is standard "picky food" and libations so tomorrow will be my goopy comfort food night ;)

Ugh. You had to ask didn't you. Lets just say that dry toast was for breakfast, tea for lunch and something gooey for dinner. (And Chocolate cake whenever I get to it!)

I make it all of the time and we call it PORKIN-OFF as a joke. I even use ground pork and serve it over bagels.

Don't know why stroganoff made with pork wouldn't be just as tasty as if made with beef. Due to the differences in the cuts of meat, and the animal, you might need to adjust the cooking time ... but sounds good to me!

Michael in FtW said:
Don't know why stroganoff made with pork wouldn't be just as tasty as if made with beef. Due to the differences in the cuts of meat, and the animal, you might need to adjust the cooking time ... but sounds good to me!

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have made this also. I thought I was weird cause I liked it.

Back
Top Bottom