Pork Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
This is one of my favourite and fairly inexpensive cuts of pork. I got both of these recipes from 'Cooking Light' magazine back in the 1980's, before they became all about how you can still stuff yourself with sugar and feel like you're eating "light" :pig:

First recipe with my adaptations: brush a pork tenderloin with Dijon mustard. Roll in whole wheat breadcrumbs seasoned with salt, pepper and sage. Place the tenderloin on a baking sheet, wrapped in heavy duty foil and bake it in a preheated oven at 325F for about 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes so the coating crisps a bit. Let stand about 5 minutes and then slice and serve. This is excellent with a mixture of steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Second recipe: Insert slivers of garlic in the pork tenderloin and then place it on a sheet of heavy duty foil. Brush the tenderloin lightly with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Lay some sprigs of fresh thyme alongside the tenderloin. Wrap it in the foil and bake it at 325F for about 20 minutes.

I'm of the school that you don't have to over-cook pork in order for it to be healthy, and in fact it tastes better when you don't cook it to death as if you were afraid of it. If' you're afraid of it, don't eat it!:LOL:

Fraidy

FraidKnot said:

I'm of the school that you don't have to over-cook pork in order for it to be healthy, and in fact it tastes better when you don't cook it to death as if you were afraid of it. If' you're afraid of it, don't eat it!:LOL:

Same school here... pork is mostly feared for Trichinosis, which in today's pigs is very rare, however, this bacteria dies at 138 F, therefore, pork is safe at an internal temperature of 145 F which is the way i like it, and it is still pink and moist on the inside... especially important when cooking loin or tenderloin

Back
Top Bottom