"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Okay, here's what I did.....I drained the medallions and then rolled them in the panko crumbs. This particular brand of panko was quite dense, heavy, and that made for a good breading. I did them in a mixture of olive oil and butter until they were a dark beige. Kept them warm in a very low oven while I made the "gravy"....I cleaned out the pan, then made a roux with butter and flour.....my flour for making this always has a good amount of Emeril's Essence in it. I then added some low salt chicken broth, white wine, a bit of dijon and a little squeeze of tomato paste from the tube. I'm sure I'll never be able to duplicate this again, but that's okay, it tasted so good on the pork and next time it will too....LOL

Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Taa Daaaaaaaaaa! Ya done good Miss Ella!! I knew you would!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
Sous Chef

ahhhh, Uncle Bob, bless your heart. You know how to make an old gal feel good!!!!....thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Aw shucks Miss Ella....You're welcome... twernt nothing....I recognize talent when I see it!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
Those would be good braised after browning, then with a pan gravy from the braising liquid.
IMO you should never braise a pork tenderloin. That would be like braising a filet mignon. Braising is a technique for tougher cuts of meat. The long slow cooking takes a tough cut and makes it tender. It would just dry out tenderloin.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #16
Head Chef

A bit late in the game, but I slowly fry some onions in butter and oil till soft and only slightly browned. Push them to one side in the pan or remove if too many. Add the tenderloin medallions and fry till cooked in the same fat. Add green peppercorns in brine (drain brine) to taste and return onions to pan to reheat and take on flavour of peppercorns. Add cream to make sauce directly to pan with everything still in it. And voilą. I love this with slices of courgette fried in olive oil. Too much oil and cream I guess, but once in a blue moon isn't too bad... I hope.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #17
Head Chef

I do pork tenderloin this way. Brown well on all sides in butter/oil combo. Remove from pan and let cool a bit. Then spread dijon over the top and sides , sprinkle with 2 tsp. of fennel seed .I add a little more oil to the skillet and saute one large onion sliced, and 2 med. Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced until they are golden. Put the pork on top adn roast in the oven (425) for 30 to 45 mins. Transfer pork to a platter and add 1/2 cup dry white wine to the skillet. Stir over high heat until reduced slightly, about 2-3 mins. This is sooo good. Hope some one tries it.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #18
Head Chef

I will. Sounds fantastic.

Tags
None