"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 02-15-2007, 06:33 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by college_cook
I just roasted about 8 pounds of pork loin tonight, at 200 degrees for about 2.5-3 hours. I raosted it till it hit 160F internal temp. I just dry rubbed with salt and pepper melange, and let it sit for about an hour in the fridge before roasting. It turned out very flavor, juicy, and tender.
I'll just point out that the original post is about tenderloin not loin of pork--very very different cuts.

And if you took it out at 165* and it was tender and juicy, you are getting very different pork loins than we do. Ours are SO lean that cooking to that temp would make them overdone and dry.
I remove them at 145* and let rest for a final temp of 155* (rosy and juicy), IF I even roast a pork loin any more. They are just not real good, in my opinion. I much prefer a braise prep for pork loins any more. Lots more flavor. ;o)

Old 02-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I agree, pull them out at 145 and let them rise to 155 (the one thing I learned from food network. That "Good Eats" guy is great!).

I'm prolly gonna just go with slicing it up and giving it a quick rub with something. I just want to make it quick.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Well, I have my tenderloins marinating in a lemon pepper and garlic marinade and I'm gonna cook them up tonight. I'm just unsure as to how I am going to cook them. I would rather not sit around for 2-3 hours waiting for them to cook in the oven. Any ideas? I haven't cut nor do I want to cut them until after cooking them.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
Everymom

Can you cut it in strips and skewer it? Then grill.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
Senior Cook

I could, but it would be a mess and a half. Plus the grill is out of the question. It's only about 25* out ATM and I won't be cooking until about 11:30PM-12:00AM, it won't be better than 18* out than.

My only choices right now are either stove top or oven. I'll prolly be up till 2 or 3 in the morning, but I don't want to spend that whole time waiting for food to cook. I'm going out tonight after I get out of work to get a thermometer so I can check the temp to make sure it's cooked right.

I dunno what to do. I might just wait one more day. I gotta go to the Chinese market anyway, cause we are out of rice. I wanted to cook it in the oven, cut it into strips and serve it over the rice to begin with.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:53 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Well, the tenderloin has been in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours @ 200* and I just checked the temp. It's at about 130*. I'm gonna give it a little bit longer and than will come the moment of truth. I'll be honest, I'm normally not scared or nervous when it comes to foods I decide to cook, but the lemon garlic and pepper marinade is what is worrying me. I'll be sure to let y'all know how it comes out. Later!

Clutch
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Well, Cooked the tenderloins in the oven to 155*. Took them out and had a piece off the end. Not bad, but not as good as I had hoped. I went to give Crystal a piece, but she had fallen asleep waiting for it to cook. She also missed out on my spinach too. :'-( I put it all away and went to bed.

The next day for dinner I decided to cut it into medalions and heat them in a skillet with some EVOO. I put a splash of EVOO in the pan heated it and tossed about a dozen medalions in. Seared them on each side to a nice golden brown, put them over rice and brought them to the hospital for Crystal (we both work there). She liked them, but is very finikey about steaks and meat cuts. She had to sit and pull off the thin strips of fat around the medalions. I kept telling her that is the best part and all she said was I don't wanna get fat. Like I wouldn't love her either way. LOL!

Over all, she liked them and I liked them, but I think next time, I'm gonna marinate them with something with a little more bite. The lemon garlic and cracked papper would ahve been better on either chicken or fish. I may use some A1 New York style steak sauce next time.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #18
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink Pork Tenderloin

Little late but I did a couple Pork tenderloins the other night, very tender and tasty. I put them in a teriyaki marinated I made for the afternoon. Then blotted them dry and seasoned w/dry rub. heated my pan to med-hi with a little oil. Seared all for sides mabye 10 mins, then put them in 450' oven for 20 mins. Sons favorite! I buy these alot when they go on sale. (In the summer I dry rub them and put on grill, 10 mins. each on all four sides -- Done)
Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Sounds great! Added to personal cookbook, if you don't mind, that is.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #20
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Sounds great! Added to personal cookbook, if you don't mind, that is.
Its all yours -- we love it and so easy !

Tags
None