Pork Tenderloin recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KathyF

Assistant Cook
Does anybody have an easy recipe to make a real flavorful and juicy pork tenderloin? Any good marinades, and what are some good side dishes to go with Pork Tenderloin?

hi kathyf,
here's one i make with pork chops, but you can use a loin just as easily.

a fall classic: pork, apples, and thyme.

3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
2 tsps cornstarch
2 tsps canola oil
1 pork loin (original recipe called for 4- 4 oz. pork chops)
1 medium onion sliced thin
1 tart apple, such as granny smith, cored, peeled, and sliced
1/4 cup apple cider, or apple juice
2 tsps dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried thyme

1. mix 2 tbsps broth and cornstarch in a small bowl. set aside.

2. heat canola oil in a large skillet on high heat. add pork, brown on all sides. remove from skillet, set aside.

3. reduce heat to medium-high, and add onion. stir until onion softens and begins to brown. add apple, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.

4. stir in remaining broth, cider or juice, mustard, thyme, and the cornstarch slurry. bring to a boil, stirring until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute.

5. return pork to the pan and heat thru until done to your desired wellness. i prefer medium to medium rare, about 5 minutes.

6. remove pork, slice on a bias, plate and top with apple/onion sauce.

Pretty yummy - pretty easy!

SOY LEMON PORK TENDERLOIN GLAZED W/HONEY AND SESAME SEEDS

Serves 6

4 pork tenderloins
1 cup soy sauce
½ cup water
½ cup sherry
2"fresh ginger
1 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1tsp. black pepper

Mix all ingredients for marinade; add pork tenderloins, and marinate for 2-3 hours in fridge.
Glaze: 2 cups honey, ¼ cup lemon juice, ½ cup toasted sesame seed

Dipping Sauce: ¼ cup dry mustard, 1/8 cup white wine, 1/8 tsp.salt

Place honey and lemon in sauce pan; heat until honey softens. Set aside. Mix ingredients for mustard sauce together, and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375. Remove tenderloins from marinade and dry to remove any excess marinade. Dip into honey, being sure to cover the whole tenderloin. Place toasted sesame seeds on a sheet pan and roll tenderloins into sesame seeds. Place on a foil lined roasting pan and roast approximately 10-12 minutes, or until an internal temp. of 165 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.

Hi, I'm new here, but thought I'd share this recipe with you. It's fabulous!

Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream

1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 2" slices
Seasoned flour
2 Tblsp. butter, divided
2 tsp. canola or olive oil

Sauce:
2 green onions, sliced (coin shape), white and green parts separated
1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to low, about 170 degrees. Lightly pound pork medallions to 1" thick. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat. Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add all at once to pan and sauté 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven.) Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan. Add white part of onion, sauté for 1 minute. Add wine or vermouth, simmer until syrupy and reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Add cream, simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.* Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste. Return pork to pan to coat with sauce. Serve over rice or pasta, garnishing with the green part of the onion. Serves: 2.

*If sauce ends up too thick for your liking, add a little water or milk, but no more than 1/4 cup. You can also double the sauce ingredients so there is enough to pour over white or brown rice – yum!

Posted by weed30 at ths.com Recipe exchange.

It's very good if you simply trim the silver, pound it down a bit and drizzle it with raspberry habenero melba sauce. Then roast it in the oven for 25 min or so. Simple but tasty.

I can vouch for Weed's Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream.

It is wonderful and very easy to make.

Alexa

I'm just making my first pork sirloin roast today. Here's the recipe I'm going to use.

ROAST PORK WITH APPLE-MUSTARD GLAZE
1 (3 lb.) boneless pork sirloin roast
1/2 c. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. Dijon style mustard
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
3 tart apples, cored and cut in wedges
1 tbsp. cornstarch

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place roast in shallow roasting pan. Stir together apple juice concentrate, vinegar, honey-mustard, soy sauce and seasonings; brush over pork. Roast 45 minutes, basting occasionally with apple juice mixture. Add apple wedges to pan; continue to roast another 30-45 minutes, until internal temperature of roast is 155-160 degrees. Remove from oven; strain juices into saucepan. Add water to make 1 cup. In small bowl stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; add to saucepan; cook and stir over high heat until thickened and bubbly. Slice roast; serve with apples and sauce. Serves 8.

Hey everyone!

Though I think all the recipes posted here sound great, I think we need to be careful with the distinction between a "Tenderdoin" and a "Loin".

The Tenderloin is about 12 - 14 inches long and maybe 2 - 3 inches in diameter at the thickest point. They are usually sold in pairs and the total weight for 2 is about 4 lbs. It is the equivalent of Filet Mignon in beef.

The Loin, which is where we get lovely Loin Roasts, boneless chops, etc is usually 24 inches long (or more) and easily 5 - 6 inches in diameter. This one is usually about 6 - 7 lbs.

Be sure you know which cut you have before you decide on a prep method. If you were to cook a "Loin" using the Soy/Lemon recipe at 375 for 12 minutes, it would be barely above room temp. Conversely, if you were to cook the tenderloin for an hour or more (apple Mustard Glaze) I would hate to think what you would find shriveled up in the bottom of the pan.

I think all the recipes sound great when made with the appropriate cut!

Alexa

Last edited:
Well you got me there Alexa! How should I cook my "loin" then? Should I have marinaded it last night cause it's sitting in the fridge ready for me to cook it up tonight.

I think the Apple Mustard recipe that was previously posted sounds good.

When I have a loin roast (I usually have the butcher cute the entire loin into 3 roasts for the freezer) I will make a paste of garlic, EVO, parsley, rosemary and slather that on the outside. Alternatively, you can slather it with mustard and stick the herbs to the mustard,

Roast for about 60 - 75 min (at 350) or until it reaches about 145 internal temp on an instant read thermometer. When you pull it out of the oven, let it rest for 10 - 20 min and the internal temp will rise to about 155-160.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Alexa

This is what I ended up doing. I did a research through my Cooking Club mags and found a recipe with cranberry chutney which I tweaked a bit. I sliced the loin in one inch steaks, cut slits in each steak to add chopped roasted garlic and thyme then sprinkled some onion powder, sage, salt and pepper and a drizzle of orange juice. Seared the steaks in a bit of butter. Removed the steaks from pan and added 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (although it asked for white wine) to pan, scraped pan drippings and added 1/2 can of cranberry sauce. Cooked for about 5 minutes and added the steaks back in the chutney to finish cooking until no longer pink. The chutney thickened after it cooled a bit then I poured it over the steaks. Sooooooo Yummy! I was rather impressed with my creation. I will have to try the apple mustard next time. I'm hooked on pork loin now.

Dina - your recipe sounds great!

Quite often I will have a portion of the loin cut into boneless shops and use any number of chop recipes to prepare them.

I honestly think pork loin is right up there with boneless skinless chicken breasts when it coems to versatility. There are countless ways to prepare them!

Alexa

Yes Mudbug! I was rather thrilled!

Thanks Alexa. I like anything with sweet sauces anyway. Especially anything with a citrus twist to it.

stuffed pork tenderloin

This is the first time I am going to try this recipe. Not sure if I use the sweet or dry Marsala wine with it. I think the sweet would be ok but not sure. If anyone has tried this one please let me know
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Marsala Sauce
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 pounds total) Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste 1 cup finely chopped peeled Granny Smith apple 2 cloves garlic, finely minced 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/2 cup day-old bread crumbs (very fine) 1 large egg, beaten Apple-Marsala Sauce: 2 tablespoons butter 2 Granny Smith apples, peel, cored and chopped 2 tablespoons sugar 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 cup Marsala wine
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
  2. Trim the excess fat and silver skin off the tenderloins. Cut 2-inches of meat off the small end of each tenderloin. Finely chopped these end pieces and set aside. Butterfly each tenderloin so they lay open, flat and even. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. In a bowl, mix together the chopped pork, apple, garlic, ginger, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, bread crumbs and the beaten egg. Divide this mixture between the flattened tenderloins. Spread mixture evenly and roll tenderloins as for a jelly roll. Secure each with toothpicks.
  4. Place stuffed tenderloins in prepared baking dish and roast for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Do not over cook or the pork will become dry.
To prepare sauce:
  1. Melt the butter in a saute pan add the chopped apple, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Marsala wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
  2. To serve, slice each pork tenderloin into 8 slices. Place 4 slices of the stuffed pork tenderloin onto 4 plates and top with the Apple-Marsala Sauce.
Serves 4.

dolphingirl said:
...Not sure if I use the sweet or dry Marsala wine with it. I think the sweet would be ok but not sure...

I'd use dry Marsala because ther's already sugar as a sauce ingredient. If all you have is sweet Marsala, use it and cut back on the sugar. Taste as you go and add a little sugar at a time until you get the sweetness you want.

I think I'll try this recipe this weekend. Thanks.

Good points--and the cut used here is even slightly different--a pork sirloin. I have done boned pork sirloin roasts butterflied, marinated and grilled. They are superb that way.
And I will also comment that the internal temp of 155* will be an overdone roast. Pork should be taken out at 145* and allowed to rest tented with foil for 20 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute for a moist piece of meat.
I have basically quit trying to dry roast a pork loin--it is just too lean these days. A really good braise at 300* with apples and onions is delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom