Pork Tenderloin + Stuffing. Your Ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MLB, try a stuffing with a mix of spinach sauteed with shallots and mixed with some feta cheese and a sprinkle of nutmeg. It's not a bulky filling for this smaller cut of meat and tastes great!

Those tenderloin packs typically have two tenderloins in them. If that is what you get, try this, stuff one, and then simply grill the other one whole! If you like, marinate the whole one in teriyaki and orange or pineapple juice. Grill it about 4-5 minutes a side (4 sides) or until you hit 155 degrees in the thick end. Pull it off and foil it. Let it rest for 8 minutes, then slice (on a bias) into 1/4" medallions. Arrange the medallions on the plate and dribble the collected juices from when it rested in the foil over the meat. Simple, but incredibly outstanding.

Some meats don’t need a lot of fuss or dress, and this is one of them. Try it!

I made cornbread stuffing on thanksgiving that rocked. make like your typical bread stuffing with butter/poultry seasoning/seasoning salt but bake up some cornbread for it.

another great tick is sing pinapple in stuffing....seems odd but tastes awesome

If you've got a pork tenderloin and not a pork loin, and you really want to try something new, you could try to do a roulade. If you're not familiar with roulade, it's basically where you cut or pound your meat such that it lays flat and wide like a book or a large sheet of paper (not that thin though). WHat you do is lay your stuffing over the expanse of your pounded meat, and then roll it up tightly, tie it with butcher's twine, then cook it. I think it's normally a roasted dish, but there's no reason you couldn't do it on the BBQ, and no reason you couldn't smoke it.

Rosemary was mentioned as an herb to use, which I really agree with; I think it gos great with pork. I also think that, made well, a cranberry sauce would go well with it. What I think could be really killer is if you did rosemary cornbread for your roulade, and then after you tie it up, crust in in some cracked peppercorns. If you have any chicken glace or stock I would use that as a sauce base and use some kind berry with it, though I think some golden raisins or sultana raisins might really elevate the dish.

Wow, and now here you've got yourself quite a dish if you want to do it.

Rosemary cornbread stuffing!!! mmm. i grow fresh rosemary in the summer sadly my growing seasons over but i think i will see if the supermarket has some.....if they do i'm going to try roulade tommarow! great sugestion it certianly has my attention my mouth is watering already

MLB, the message here is there are a lot of stuffing possibilities. Your imagination is the limiting factor.

Yeah, i guess it comes down more to technique in the end.

So on my medium hot grill you'd say bout 5 minutes a side?

It should be oiled, and not basted right?

(if its stuffed)

charcoal grill btw

Hard to give times when every grill is different. Use a thermometer. Shoot for 145F - 150 F for an internal temperature.

MLB, try a stuffing with a mix of spinach sauteed with shallots and mixed with some feta cheese and a sprinkle of nutmeg. It's not a bulky filling for this smaller cut of meat and tastes great!

i second this, its outstanding and near identical to the stuffing i use when i make a rolled skirt steak

This thread is out of control.

I made braised pork tenderloins last night... extremely tender and easy to make:

cut the raw tenderloin into half inch medallions. dredge in flour/salt/pepper and shake off the excess. brown tenderloins on each side... 1-2 minutes in some oil. return all tenderloins to a deep frying pan and add 1 cup of apple cider. get a good simmer and cover for 15 minutes. came out great for me last night.

img_499792_0_fc3e3d7a30a3826815e2990ef838d430.jpg

Last edited:
rolled skirt steak....can you elaborate on that?

it is similar to any stuffed meat... skirt steak is long and thin. you spoon the mixture and spread it out on about 2/3 of the steak and roll it up (like a jelly roll) and then tie it with string to secure it. then after cooking you cut it into medallions.

Pork tenderloin is a lean and tender cut. It works great as a substitute for veal. Slice medallions, pound to a cutlet. Bread it in a 50/50 mix of panko and grated parm and pan fry them.

it is similar to any stuffed meat... skirt steak is long and thin. you spoon the mixture and spread it out on about 2/3 of the steak and roll it up (like a jelly roll) and then tie it with string to secure it. then after cooking you cut it into medallions.

The Above pretty much describes a roulade.

Back
Top Bottom