Prosciutto Crackling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
This is a fairly obvious leap, I feel a bit dull of wit for not having figured this was going to happen, but the result is good so I am sharing!

We had a huge piece of prusciutto in the frigde, and as it has been eaten I have been hanging on to the rind with the attched fat for flavouring things....I made a good risotto with some last week..

any way, I am roasting some cubed potato and thought I would chuck in the prociutto to help flavour the oil....instead we have the most wonderful crackling ever, a lovely snappy texture, crisp not chewy and a superb taste. So now instead of campari soda Husband is having a lager and pork crackling before supper....

if you get some of this hang on to it!

Thanks Lulu,
nice idea...And to think, I watched as the girl in the deli department, tossed some into the garbage on saturday!!!!:glare:

kadesma:)

i musta been right behind you on line kads. i bought some prosciutto the other day, and all of the fat was in a strip on one side, so she sliced it off and tossed it before putting the rest o' the hunk on the machine.
i wept like a schoolgirl.

thanks for the tip lulu, gonna have to try to get her to wrap up the fat and rind for me next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom