Pulled pork dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
been in oven since 11pm last night. It's 12:37pm. It was on 225 recently turned it up to 240 degrees. took it's temperature. It's at 160 ish. Need to serve this around 3pm. It's taking a lot longer than I thought. It was uncovered all night and than this morning I wrapped it in tin foil. It's on a rack in a pan.

company coming around 2pm. I sure hope this pork gets up to 190 so I can shred it.

There is often a period of time when it stalls at around 160F. It will soon continue its climb. Since it's already been cooking for 13 1/2 hours, you can boost the temp up to as much as 275F.

There is often a period of time when it stalls at around 160F. It will soon continue its climb. Since it's already been cooking for 13 1/2 hours, you can boost the temp up to as much as 275F.

Thanks since I"m a little nervous about it being done - I upped it to 275. I'd keep it lower but I guess I don't have the time anymore. Company is coming at 2pm and can stall them from eating for an hour maybe hour and half tops..but I'm sure they'll be wanting to it. It's almost 1pm. I guess I'll have to cross my fingers that the next 2 hours it will rise in temperature.

It's edible and delicious right now. The higher internal temperature is so the meat breaks down and becomes pullable.

If you run out of time, you can go with chopped pork. In a lot of places, restaurants serve chopped pork rather than pulled pork. Just take out the meat when you need it and chop it up into small pieces for sandwiches.

I couldn't wait for it to reach 190, but I think it was on 170/175 when I took it out. It still shred fairly easily with two forks. Came out great!!! Thanks for helping me through it.

Back
Top Bottom