Pulled Pork, other uses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I think I have mastered "Pulled Pork"..so easy really, with a bit of practice..

But even the smallest roast makes a Ton of Meat once it's "pulled"...

what else can I do with it?

I've made a million BBQ sandwiches...

I made some very good "pork tacos" the other day...

any other Ideas?

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Last edited:
Dinner. Serve it with potato and a veggie.
Quesadillas

Pulled pork freezes well. I portion it into sandwich sized packages and freeze it for future use. Works great.

A couple of times I have used leftovers (after making sandwiches etc) for chili...
Chopped fine and build your chili around it...Very tasty!! I've also made Pulled Pork Po-Boys....French bread, mayo, creole mustard, lettuce & tomato...

Have Fun!

what Andy said !

I use the pint-sized GLAD containers...each one is good for four sandwiches, which is perfect.

I've always had a problem with cooking in small amounts, so those containers also serve me well when I do Baked beans, chili, soups,etc.

it would be great in a tortilla soup, omlette filling, taco or burrito, enchilada caserole, etc.

We make enchiladas from pulled pork, as well as tacos, or we get long soft rolls, butter and toast them and add the meat and bbq sauce and what other things we like on a sandwich, especially avocado, onion and lettuce.They are also nice in a lettuce wrap or added to soup
kadesma

1. Save the juices from the pork roast and add back into the leftover pulled pork. Add a bit of garlic and onion, thicken with a cornstarch slurry to a gravy consitancy. Serve with your favorite sides.

2. Add juices and thicken with slurry after seasoning. Add sweet peas, diced carrot, diced onion. Bake in a miniature pie shells to make home made pot pies.

3. Mix leftover meat with chopped peppers of your choice, and onion. Fill homemade pasta dough to make ravioli.

4. Add diced carrot, rutabegga, celery, and diced potato to make a great hash.

5. Add as part of the filling for omelets.

6. Season with sage, garlic, cumin, oregano, basil, and red pepper. Distribute on top of pizza, or add to pasta dish.

Just a few ideas for you.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the north

I only need two things for left over pulled pork: a bowl and a fork. I just love the stuff!

If you like chicken and dumplings - just sub the piggy for the chicken ... great stuff!

Geeze ... on second thought - there are a ton of things you can do with pulled pork ...

Beans with pork
Stir-fry with pork and rice/noodles
etc ....

2 words, POT PIE. Broccoli, carrots, onions, tater chunks, minced garlic and a lil bit of gravy and ya got sin in a crust

1. Save the juices from the pork roast and add back into the leftover pulled pork. Add a bit of garlic and onion, thicken with a cornstarch slurry to a gravy consitancy. Serve with your favorite sides.

2. Add juices and thicken with slurry after seasoning. Add sweet peas, diced carrot, diced onion. Bake in a miniature pie shells to make home made pot pies.

3. Mix leftover meat with chopped peppers of your choice, and onion. Fill homemade pasta dough to make ravioli.

4. Add diced carrot, rutabegga, celery, and diced potato to make a great hash.

5. Add as part of the filling for omelets.

6. Season with sage, garlic, cumin, oregano, basil, and red pepper. Distribute on top of pizza, or add to pasta dish.

Just a few ideas for you.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the north

Great ideas GW. You put me onto the thought of doing the same thing you called raviolis, but doing it in the form of a smaller scale pasty. Flavor and lack of thinker gravy wouldn't be suitable for a full size pastie, but a quarter size yes. Would remind me of something I did similarly with leftover corned beef and the makings for Rubens after I ran out of Rye, but still had an urge for a Ruben. Since I had the makings for a pasty crust, I did that instead. Very nice. I think doing the same with pulled pork and juice and some add-ins would be equally good.

No recipe here as I'd be making it up :)

Bob

Great ideas GW. You put me onto the thought of doing the same thing you called raviolis, but doing it in the form of a smaller scale pasty. Flavor and lack of thinker gravy wouldn't be suitable for a full size pastie, but a quarter size yes. Would remind me of something I did similarly with leftover corned beef and the makings for Rubens after I ran out of Rye, but still had an urge for a Ruben. Since I had the makings for a pasty crust, I did that instead. Very nice. I think doing the same with pulled pork and juice and some add-ins would be equally good.

No recipe here as I'd be making it up :)

Bob

Inspired idea, Bob. You could throw in some diced green peppers, onions, or whatever you wanted, maybe even a bit of cheese. Wow. I can envision a whole host of ideas for pulled pork and other ingredients, made into a "pastie" or "hot pocket". Thanks for the idea.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom