"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quick And Easy Pork Hash

You can use frozen carrots in this recipe if you wish. I would add them at the same time you add the potatoes. If using fresh carrots try to keep your carrots diced small so they don't have to cook to long.
Enjoy! Debbie

QUICK AND EASY PORK HASH



2 pound(s) PORK LOIN; Cut Into 1/2 Inch Cubes.
1 tablespoon(s) OIL
5 cup(s) POTATOES; Cooked, Peeled And Diced.
1 cup(s) ONION; Chopped.
1 cup(s) CARROTS; Diced.
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) SAGE; Dried.
2 package(s) (0.87 ounce each) POULTRY GRAVY
2 cup(s) WATER
SALT; To Taste.
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
_____


Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
Add pork, carrots, onion and garlic.
Cook until pork and carrots are slightly brown.
Stir in potatoes, sage, salt, pepper, both gravy mixes and water.
Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until gravy has thickened and carrots are tender.

Serves 4.
_____

__________________

__________________
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
mmmm, that's looks good. I wonder how that would come out in the pressure cooker.
I will let you know And you know I will
Just gotta find something close to figure out the time.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
mmmm, that's looks good. I wonder how that would come out in the pressure cooker.
I will let you know And you know I will
Just gotta find something close to figure out the time.

Thanks
I have made a stew pretty much like this recipe in a pressure cooker and it turned out great. I did it for 5 minutes at 15 psi and let pressure drop on it's own.
__________________
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Thanks for the guideline!
I figure it shouldn't take too long after the browning is done.
I did the conversion on mine a couple weeks ago and I think it's 11 psi (or a hair above). It's 80k something anyway....

I'm looking forward to making it. It's still stew weather around here.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Thanks for the guideline!
I figure it shouldn't take too long after the browning is done.
I did the conversion on mine a couple weeks ago and I think it's 11 psi (or a hair above). It's 80k something anyway....

I'm looking forward to making it. It's still stew weather around here.
Great! It wont take to long. Enjoy! Debbie
__________________
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
Head Chef
 
Jeff G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol-blue View Post
You can use frozen carrots in this recipe if you wish. I would add them at the same time you add the potatoes. If using fresh carrots try to keep your carrots diced small so they don't have to cook to long.
Enjoy! Debbie

QUICK AND EASY PORK HASH



2 pound(s) PORK LOIN; Cut Into 1/2 Inch Cubes.
1 tablespoon(s) OIL
5 cup(s) POTATOES; Cooked, Peeled And Diced.
1 cup(s) ONION; Chopped.
1 cup(s) CARROTS; Diced.
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) SAGE; Dried.
2 package(s) (0.87 ounce each) POULTRY GRAVY
2 cup(s) WATER
SALT; To Taste.
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
_____


Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
Add pork, carrots, onion and garlic.
Cook until pork and carrots are slightly brown.
Stir in potatoes, sage, salt, pepper, both gravy mixes and water.
Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until gravy has thickened and carrots are tender.

Serves 4.
_____
I am so going to make this....except the gravy ..... most of the packet stuff doesn't work for my body....makes me ill later.

I'll due a broth gravy..
__________________
Jeff G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. View Post
I am so going to make this....except the gravy ..... most of the packet stuff doesn't work for my body....makes me ill later.

I'll due a broth gravy..
Broth gravy will work great. Enjoy! Debbie
__________________
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Ol-blue

Have a coleslaw on the side and I am ready to seat down at your table.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #9
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Have a coleslaw on the side and I am ready to seat down at your table.
Oh yes! That sounds good. Enjoy! Debbie
__________________

__________________
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.