REC: Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Carrots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
It isn't often that we find a recipe that our whole family can eat since my mom is allergic to garlic, my dad is on a healthy diet, and my sister is extremely picky with food, but everyone loved this recipe so I though I would post if for you.

Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Carrots

Carrots:
¾ pound baby carrots
½ cup water

Glaze:
¼ cup honey
3 T. apple juice
2 t. dijon mustard
1 t. soy sauce

Pork:
1.7 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
¼ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
1 T. butter
2 T. (or more) minced fresh chives

1. Place carrots and water in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Let carrots simmer about 10 minutes until just tender. Turn off burner to keep warm. They will finish cooking in the glaze.

2. Prepare glaze by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.

3. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 8 equal medallion slices, approximately 1 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in extra-large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until nicely browned on bottom side. Using tongs, flip the pork and cook until almost cooked through.

4. Add carrots to pan with pork. Stir glaze again, and add it to the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring the brown bits on the bottom, simmer mixture until pork is done and sauce is reduces a little to strengthen the flavors. Towards the end of cooking add the green onions and make sure carrots and pork is coated in sauce.

That sounds good! I'm making this sometime soon. As soon as I'm back home, far away from my kitchenless dorm room. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom