10-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
REC:Pork Chops with Raspberry Sauce
Raspberries are my favourite fruit, and I've just come across this recipe (I love googling two different ingredients and seeing what comes up, sort of like lotto balls for foodies) - I can't wait to try it!
Pork Chops with Raspberry Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white (wine) vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine crushed thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Rub evenly over pork chops.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once. Remove from skillet and keep warm in preheated oven.
- In the skillet, combine raspberry jam, orange juice, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is reduced to desired consistency (sauce will thicken as it cools). Spoon sauce in a pool onto a serving plate, and top with pork chops. Garnish with sprigs of thyme.
You may substitute 1 teaspoon minced fresh herbs for 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs.
"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren