REC: Pork Tenderloin with apples and onions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i made this the other night, and it came out fabulous. the meat was unbelievably tender, and the wholegrain dijon and fennel added a nice touch.
this recipe is from bon appetit, feb 2004. my tweaks and additions are noted on the bottom.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/109169

my tweaks:
1. since i had a fairly large tenderloin, about 1.5 lbs, i increased the amount of mustard to a little over 3 tbsps, and i used maille wholegrain dijon mustard.
2. i used about 4 tsps. of fennel seed, since i love fennel.
3. instead of granny smith's, i used 2 large rome apples.
4. i used 2 large red onions, sliced and seperated into 1/4 inch rings.
5. since i added more apples and onions, i used 1 full cup of pinot grigio.
6. to finish the sauce, i added 2 tbsps. of unsalted butter. what doesn't taste a little better with butter?
7. since i had a large piece of meat, i was sure to brown it very well during the searing process, and then baked it for 25 to 30 minutes, until the internal temp if the meat reached about 147 degrees. it came out perfectly medium rare.

Last edited:
Bucky,
do my eyes decieve me:LOL: How wonderful to see you here...Welcome back..
Oh, yes, your recipe looks great...Thanks for sharing...
kadesma

Sounds awesome Bucky....I can't wait to try it next time tenderloin goes on sale here.

I've got chicken breasts marinating in fresh garlic, lemon seasoning pepper, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and fresh lemon juice. I plan on grilling them on the stove. Broccoli & Cheddar rice, buttery frozen corn.

Back
Top Bottom