Recipes for your best Pork Ribs (Crockpot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quizzie

Senior Cook
Pretty disapppointed in Dinner tonight.:chef: Made Pork Ribs (country Style) in the crockpot.
Did everything accordingly. Still they were dry.:wacko: They were about 2 1/2 inches thich 4 inches long. I put a liitle bit of water in the bottom. Maybe, that was what I'd done wrong. :( Can someone please help me before I go out of my:ROFLMAO: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never done ribs in the crock pot before. Too many times, I've been disappointed in the lack of tenderness in the meats I've done in there so don't do too much meat pieces in there plus DH doesn't like what he calls stewed meat. I hope you get some good recipes. I'm going to search out recipes on here for crock pot ribs, if I find, I'll repost.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/beef-ribs-20810.html?highlight=crock+ribs

^^^^^ sorry, this one ^^^^^was for beef. here is googles entries for pork/crockpot/ribs

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Crock+Pot++pork+rib+recipes&btnG=Google+Search

Last edited:
Big Help

Thanks for responding, I got many recipes. I think I know what I did Wrong.
I did not fry them in a skillet, prior to the crock pot.

If you must do them in the crock pot, cover them with BBQ sauce, put a piece of parchment paper over them in contact with the surface and put on low for 8 hours.

I always cook mine in bar-b-que sauce (simmering ) for a very long time,untill the meat begans to shred,in the crock pot... or on top of the stove...

don't do them in a crock pot

Go with baby back ribs, pull the back membrain off
rub the ribs with standard bar-b-que rub from the store
and add a good handful of brown sugar. Let them marinate
overnight. Grill on a med heat grill for 5-7 mins on both sides.

Wrap very tightly in heavy foil bake at 275 for about an hour then
open and mop on your favorite bbque sauce loosely cover the ribs
and bake again until the sauce because sticky 30 min to 45 min.

This method never fails tender juicy with the wonderful grilled flavor.

Thanks rickell, But I am looking for a crockpot recipe. I am familiar with the pit. I would like to master the crock pot.

On my days off I don't feel like cooking. LOL. Which is more these days. (On vacation for three weeks).

I appreciate the fact that you wrap your ribs in foil. Contrary to some peoples beliefs. Are you a Texas man or woman. I am a full fledged Texas woman. I would not mind seing your ribs in a good ole' Texas cookoff. They sound great.

Quizzie said:
Thanks rickell, But I am looking for a crockpot recipe. I am familiar with the pit. I would like to master the crock pot.

On my days off I don't feel like cooking. LOL. Which is more these days. (On vacation for three weeks).

I appreciate the fact that you wrap your ribs in foil. Contrary to some peoples beliefs. Are you a Texas man or woman. I am a full fledged Texas woman. I would not mind seing your ribs in a good ole' Texas cookoff. They sound great.

No I am a good ol Kansas City bar-b-que female native. We love our
bar-b-que and steaks here. We moved to the country a few years
back sometimes it is to windy to get the grill out, but every chance
we do we grill, or smoke, mostly meat we have tried smoking fish it did not
turn out to well. I don't think I smoked the fish long enough.

Back
Top Bottom