Ribs - Wet or Dry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wet, dry, or pasta?

• Total voters

Village Idiot

Assistant Cook
I'm thinking about fixing ribs on Sunday. It sucks for me because my roommates and everyone one else that's bound to come over likes a ton of BBQ sopped on. I think good meat should not have it's flavor hidden, so I like dry ribs with a good rub for seasoning.

How are you guys split? Am I a weirdo or am I the norm?

I prefer a good dry rub. Like you said - this lets the flavor of the meat shine through. If I want to add sauce when I eat them, usually only if they are lacking in flavor or are dry, I can. But, I have had some might good ribs that were mopped and wet.

Dry ribs please!!!!!...On occasion a little Hoisin or Honey can be interesting on a bone or two. but only two....then it's back to dem dry bones...;)

I like them both. Do you have a good dry rib rub recipe? I've experimented with a few, always looking for new ones...You can always make them dry and then let them slop the BBQ sauce on theirs the last 5-10 minutes of grilling...

time and effort

this all depends on if you want to spend time and effort personally wet ribs are the best. if you do dry you need to do a dry rub and smoke them in a charcoal grill for wet ribs (if you have one) soak them in a home made BBQ sauce again smoke them and you have to watch them and keep them lathered in sauce to gain all the flavor of the charcoal smoke chips and you very own sauce:chef:

Dry... I can't explain it but there is just something about all that flavor without the mess of BBQ. I will eat the wet ones though

pasta? :LOL:

i prefer dry and dip in wet. but if wet is all i can get i take it.

This is an old thread but nice that it has been brought back. I like dry and then make a sauce for anyone that wants to dip.

I prefer dry with sauce at the table. Properly smoked ribs will be moist. tender, and flavorful without sauce.

I like them both. Do you have a good dry rib rub recipe? I've experimented with a few, always looking for new ones...You can always make them dry and then let them slop the BBQ sauce on theirs the last 5-10 minutes of grilling...

I have an excellent one. But its from another food website. Being newbie here I am not sure if I can link it or not. I will say it is really really good.

I have an excellent one. But its from another food website. Being newbie here I am not sure if I can link it or not. I will say it is really really good.
Once you have posted 15 posts of substance (not just 15 to be able to link) then you are allowed and more than welcome to post that like. Welcome to the site by the way.

Back
Top Bottom