"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 03-31-2016, 05:06 PM   #11
Master Chef

Isn't similar or the same as liverwurst?

Old 04-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Ok. I bought some Albert's Ring Liver Pudding. I read as much as I could about it and this is what I found out. There are a lot of similar items with similar names. What this is is pretty much all meat. It's precooked, and when you take it out of the plastic shrink wrap it comes it it's somewhat firm, like sausage. It's in a casing that's not tied, but open on each end. You can slice off a piece of it and eat it. Cold, on a sandwich, for instance. When you heat it up, it becomes runny. In that form it's used like a pate on crackers and some spread it on buckwheat pancakes. ??? I like it. It does not have a strong liver taste to me, but then I love liver. It tastes a bit like liverwurst, but it's not the same texture. What I read most recently says it comes from PA Dutch Country. Thee is something similar that comes from the south, North Carolina, and it comes in a square and is called liver mush. That contains corn meal, and can be sliced and fried, like polenta. There are recipes out there to make you own, and some add rice as a filler. I've seen post all over the internet of people asking where they can buy it, so someone likes it besides me!

Old 04-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #13
Master Chef

Thanks for the update Carol and it sounds very interesting, and I also like liver. I'd sure give it a try also. Not likely I'd find it out here in my area though.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'll give it a try if I see it. It sounds good. The name really didn't appeal. Pudding made with liver? Yikes, not my kind of dessert.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:32 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Kayelle, in my store, it was displayed in the same case as hot dogs, sausage, bacon and the like. I came across it by accident and don't know if it's sold in any other store. Have never been looking for it. I wouldn't imagine there's a big demand for it.

Tags
pudding