Roast pork with crackling- how to serve the potatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It never occured to me that Taxlady's question had anything to do with the OP at all. Not being a smart arse at all. I thought she was asking about Cuban xmas traditional food.

It never occured to me that Taxlady's question had anything to do with the OP at all. Not being a smart arse at all. I thought she was asking about Cuban xmas traditional food.
I wondered if those were traditional sides. Roast pork is traditional in lots of cultures.

This thread has got me wishing for cold weather!

I have been thinking about the leftovers more than the dinner itself, roast pork and onion sandwiches, leftover roasted potatoes fried crispy and golden for breakfast, hot roast pork sandwiches smothered in gravy, a casserole of leftover pork and bones with sauerkraut served over some fluffy mashed potatoes! :yum:

I wonder what skinny folks think about! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have been thinking about the leftovers more than the dinner itself, roast pork and onion sandwiches, leftover roasted potatoes fried crispy and golden for breakfast, hot roast pork sandwiches smothered in gravy, a casserole of leftover pork and bones with sauerkraut served over some fluffy mashed potatoes! :yum:

They probably think ... should I eat a 2nd lettuce leaf? ;)

Where's the Tofu???

LOL! Bean sprouts and watercress sandwiches, I guess.

What about sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes with the pork and apple rings?

When I was skinny, I ate all sorts of food, but no cookies or cakes, just the occasional homemade, wholewheat banana bread and fruit desserts. I also got lots of exercise.

They think about how hungry they are and that they wish they had some roasted pork with cracklin's, and some oven-fried spuds.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I don't know how it works when Christmas is in July but it is a well-known fact that when Christmas falls in December there are no calories in anything you eat between getting up on Christmas Eve morning and going to bed on New Years Day night.

I don't know how it works when Christmas is in July but it is a well-known fact that when Christmas falls in December there are no calories in anything you eat between getting up on Christmas Eve morning and going to bed on New Years Day night.

That may be how the British calories work. In the US, we have a caloric dispensation from the end of November when we celebrate Thanksgiving through New Years Day night. So, all this weight I gained must be due to a medical condition.

Is that a traditional Xmas dinner?

Being from a Cuban, Italian family, this meal is served as a Sunday meal. But could and is served at Christmas too.

Traditional Christmas dinners for Cuban people are usually suckling pig roasted over coals or in the ground similar to Hawaiian pig digs.
Black beans and rice are the staple dish in the Cuban home with red beans coming in second.
Chick peas are also very popular in this culture.

In addition to the above, the Cuban people will make Yucca and a very greasy topping we called Mojito Malanga. (check spelling). My dad would call it yucca malanga. We knew what he meant......lol
I for one loved this dish. But, I don't care for the yucca without the mojito malanga.
Tostones are required at the table. But the Cubans usually make baked or fried sweet ripe plantains. Tostones are green plantains and are treated differently.
Mt dad always told me tostones were Puerto Rican. Not sure how accurate that statement was.

That may be how the British calories work. In the US, we have a caloric dispensation from the end of November when we celebrate Thanksgiving through New Years Day night. So, all this weight I gained must be due to a medical condition.

;) I will remind my doctor of that fact next January. I will tell him I was sure I heard him tell me to eat heartily during the holidays. In fact he gives me the same reminder every year. I was only following his orders. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom