Rocklobster's Pork Tenderloin w/Mushrooms in Cream Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Cooking GF one of her favorites today. As usual, you can substitute or omit ingredients to your taste, but this is what I did. Not as hard as it looks and 90% of success is preparation....Ingredients are pork tenderloin, a mix of garlic, shallots and onions, white mushrooms, white table wine, olive oil, cream, thyme, fresh parsley, paprika.
RE8KbV9.jpg

I cut the tenderloin diagonally in medallions, pounded them out and dredged them in flower. Chopped the garlic, shallots, green onions and set aside. Got the pork going in a hot pan with olive oil. Fried both sides until browned and removed them to another plate. Turned down the heat to med/high.
40w5vkw.jpg
oZBNAVH.jpg
Then, in the remaining oil(add a bit more if you need to) I threw in the garlic and shallots. Sauteed them until translucent, then, added the shrooms..Stirred them around until the mushrooms begin to brown a bit and look sweaty:)p). At this point I deglazed the pan with about a quarter cup of white wine and kept stirring and scraping until it reduced to about half..Get your egg noodles going in a pot at this point. They take about 7 minutes so now is a good time...
wjJI8aF.jpg
LT9qESF.jpg
In with the cream at this point, about 1/2 cup, and the seasonings. Thyme, paprika, some of the parsley, fresh black pepper. Let this come to a boil and watched it reduce for a 2-3 minutes. After that, I put the pork back in and let it continue to finish for another 3-4 minuts on a fairly good simmer/slow boil. Test it for salt and add what you think is necessary. You can see the sauce thicken and don't let it go too long because it will continue to thicken while you drain your noodles, add the butter and parsley. You can stop the pork dish a few minutes early and cover and let sit while you prepare the noodles and veg.....
bcFH6lu.jpg

Anyway, there you have it. Serve it on your buttered noodles with some yummy and very rich sauce on top along with some of your favorite veg....Bon Apetit! Thanks for reading!!
vyBWZXN.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to try that. It's a lot like a pork/mushroom/herb sauce dish I do, but kicked up with the shallots, garlic, and wine.

Thanks, everybody. This recipe can be made with chicken also. Sometimes I cut the meat in smaller pieces and add a tablespoon of tomato puree and some chopped sundried tomatoes and serve it as a pasta sauce.....

Very nice! :yum:

I think I will give it a try with a BSCB.

I'm also thinking that the pork version might be nice with a spoonful of stone ground mustard added at the last minute.

That dish looks really yummy, not used pork tenderloin for a while so will be trying this out. I think it would also be nice with some fillet steak as this is as tender as the pork or even chicken.
Thanks for the recipe and pictures

You must have read my mind. I had a pork tenderloin and some mushrooms in the house yesterday. I was planning to make some kind of a sauce with the mushrooms, but quickly decided to try your recipe. I didn’t have any shallots or onions in the house, but the chives have started growing, so I grabbed a handful from the garden. No cream, but had plenty of fat free half and half. Wine is a grocery that is always on hand.

It came out great! My wife told me that it goes on the “do again” list. I’ll have to make sure I have shallots and scallions available next time. Thanks for the post and the pictures.

You must have read my mind. I had a pork tenderloin and some mushrooms in the house yesterday. I was planning to make some kind of a sauce with the mushrooms, but quickly decided to try your recipe. I didn’t have any shallots or onions in the house, but the chives have started growing, so I grabbed a handful from the garden. No cream, but had plenty of fat free half and half. Wine is a grocery that is always on hand.

It came out great! My wife told me that it goes on the “do again” list. I’ll have to make sure I have shallots and scallions available next time. Thanks for the post and the pictures.
Shallots and scallions are only optional. I love them so they go in just about everything I make....leeks, garlic, ramps, onions.....etc.....

I usually use my gf's coffee cream for cream sauces, but she had just bought some 35% for some dessert she was planning to make so I stole some for this dish...

Last edited:
I made this again last night, except this time I had had shallots in the house and used crimini mushrooms for extra mushroom flavor. Still used fat free half and half. Soooooooo good. My wife raved about it.

I might try shiitake mushrooms next time.

I made your recipe tonight for dinner Rock.

I had some mushrooms, but not a lot. However I did have half a package of frozen artichoke hearts so I used them quartered, along with the mushrooms, both white and green onion and fresh cut chives from the garden. The white wine was what I was drinking. I followed your directions but also added a tablespoon of Dijon mustard with the fat free half and half I had on hand. That was AB suggestion, and a good one. WOW, that was one delicious dish to be sure!
Thanks again for the recipe.

Last edited:

I had some mushrooms, but not a lot. However I did have half a package of frozen artichoke hearts so I used them quartered, along with the mushrooms, both white and green onion and fresh cut chives from the garden. I followed your directions but also added a tablespoon of Dijon mustard with the cream as AB suggested. WOW, that was one delicious dish to be sure!
Even though we do not have a lot of garden space, it is fun to grow your own chives, thyme, and parsley. We also have 2 tomato plants that went crazy beause of our mild winter, I put them in the ground in late February!

I had some mushrooms, but not a lot. However I did have half a package of frozen artichoke hearts so I used them quartered, along with the mushrooms, both white and green onion and fresh cut chives from the garden. The white wine was what I was drinking. I followed your directions but also added a tablespoon of Dijon mustard with the fat free half and half I had on hand. That was AB suggestion, and a good one. WOW, that was one delicious dish to be sure!
It is a very versatile recipe that you can use as a base for just about any addition you can dream up...glad you liked it....

Back
Top Bottom