Rosemary, Honey Mustard, and Garlic Roast Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
this is my tweaked recipe, from one that my wife found on a calendar somewhere. the addition of ginger ale with honey mustard sets this very delicious roast apart.

ingredients:

1 - boneless pork loin, approx. 4 lbs.
3/4 cup - ginger ale
1/2 cup - dijon mustard
1/2 cup - honey
1/4 cup - extra virgin olive oil
5 - garlic cloves, chopped
3 - 6 inch sprigs of fresh rosemary
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper

place the ginger ale, mustard, honey, evoo, and garlic in a gallon sized ziplock bag, and mush around to mix ingredients.

trim most of the fat from the roast, and put in ziplock bag with marinade, and mush around again so that the meat is well covered. press the sprigs of rosemary along the sides of the roast in the bag, partially zip and carefully suck all of the air out of the bag. refrigerate while it marinates for 2 to 4 hours.

preheat oven to 400. remove roast from bag, reserving and refrigerating the marinade. tie roast so it will retain it's shape, and place on a rack in a roasting pan. using the sprigs of rosemary from the marinade, brush some of the leftover marinade onto the top of the roast. press the bits of garlic from the marinade into the meat, and sprinkle with a good amount of salt and pepper.

place roast in oven, and reduce temp to 350. figure on about 20 minutes per pound, or until the temp at the center of the roast reaches 150.

while it is cooking, baste the pork a few times using the rosemary sprigs dipped generously in the reserved marinade.

Bucky,
this looks really good. Will give it a try for our family sunday..Thanks..Wonder how it would be grilled?
kadesma:)

sizz, i reduced the amount of garlic in the recipe i've posted. the original recipe called for 8 cloves. i used about 6 or 7 when i made it, and i thought just a little less would've been better.

OH Yeah, THIS sounds like a part of heaven kudos to your wife for finding it ;)
and thanks for sharing....

Back
Top Bottom