Sage-flavored sausage for stuffing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pigskins

Cook
The wife usually makes the Thanksgiving stuffing and it's really good! It's got sage-flavored sausage and herb croutons, etc. I'm on this kick where I want to make as many things from scratch as possible so I've asked her not to buy the bagged croutons or sage sausage roll yet until I see if I can make them. The croutons will be easy but the only homemade sage-flavored sausage recipes I can find are for breakfast sausage. Does anyone know what goes into the name-brand (not sure I can name them here) sage flavored sausage that comes in a roll besides pork and sage? I checked the label in the store and it wasn't much help. I already have a pound of ground pork. TY!

The seasonings for breakfast sausage will work fine. Does your wife use breakfast sausage or some other sage sausage? Give a name brand if you want, that's not a problem.

It's great that you want to start from scratch. It's fun to do. Just remember, the stuffing will probably taste different from what everyone is used to. Not saying it will be bad, just different. For Thanksgiving, people are funny about staying with traditional recipes "like grandma's". Go ahead and do it from scratch but tell folks it may taste different and why so they are not surprised.

Hi Andy! She's used the Jimmy Dean and/or Bob Evans sage-flavored sausage rolls. They aren't sold as breakfast sausage, and the package ingredients aren't much help. They come in a 1 pound tube, frozen.

I believe that's just another flavor of breakfast sausage, similar to regular, hot and maple.

Try googling sage breakfast sausage for recipes.

Back
Top Bottom