Sausage Balls - Question on actually cooking them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cast iron is a great medium for getting a nice brown crust on food.

If you shake the pan constantly and make sure the balls are rolling around then that will help I am sure and just might be your best bet. It is not dependent on it being CI though. You could accomplish the same thing with SS or aluminum or any other medium.

Cast iron is a great medium for getting a nice brown crust on food.

If you shake the pan constantly and make sure the balls are rolling around then that will help I am sure and just might be your best bet. It is not dependent on it being CI though. You could accomplish the same thing with SS or aluminum or any other medium.
Well, the CI was my birthday present yesterday so I'm looking to justify owning it. My daughter who gave it to me needs to see that I will use it.

Deep frying is an option, but it will probably have a crust all around. Not a tough crust, but a crust nonetheless. That's also an awful lot of fat considering that you have cheese and sausage too. Do you have a deep fryer, or would you have to cook in a pot? If you have a deep fryer, then it's easy enough to try one and see.

I like your idea of cooking them on a rack. I think that they would hold together fine, and be easier than babysitting them on the stove top.

I would raise the rack and use a cooling rack, maybe even put 1/4" of water in the baking pan. I always just eat the bottom but I think this would work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom