Searing pork chops in batches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
For thick cut pork chops where I would sear in a pan and then transfer to the oven, can I sear the chops in batches? My pan isn't big enough to sear them all at once, but I'm wondering if there would be any significant difference in the oven times for the chops that come off first and are cooling off for 5-6 minutes compared to the final batch of chops that go straight from pan to oven. Any recommendations on this?

For thick cut pork chops where I would sear in a pan and then transfer to the oven, can I sear the chops in batches? My pan isn't big enough to sear them all at once, but I'm wondering if there would be any significant difference in the oven times for the chops that come off first and are cooling off for 5-6 minutes compared to the final batch of chops that go straight from pan to oven. Any recommendations on this?

Sear all of them first, place on a platter and cover loosely with foil when both sides have been seared. When all have been seared on both sides, then place them (not touching) on a large cookie or jelly roll sheet before placing in the oven to finish. If they all are of even thickness then they should finish at the same time in the oven. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom