Should I cover my Boston butt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah... for pulled pork, it depends on how you are going to serve it.
If I am serving it as just pulled pork, yes low, slow and dry.

If I am making my BBQ pulled pork, I need the broth to flavor it.
It's a wonderful BBQ, served with Turmeric slaw on top..

You dont need broth to flavor a butt, just a good rub and a little bit of smoke. if you have the time and are interested, i suggest going to wally world and getting yourself a cheap brinkman "r2d2" smoker. ya know, the drum type. i think that they can be had for about 30 bucks. You may invest a bit of time in it, but trust me, its worth it

I am thinking of trying this too. How long should I expect to cook the butt? Not sure if it's something I should plan during the week or wait for the weekend.

I am thinking of trying this too. How long should I expect to cook the butt? Not sure if it's something I should plan during the week or wait for the weekend.

I only cook butts on the weekend. I dont know how many ppl on here use a smoker, but that is my choice for almost any type pf meat, when i have time. I usually start when i get home on friday night, slather it with mustard, coat it with a memphis style rub really good, and smoke at 250* till it hits 205* internal. I have had some butts go as long as 17 hrs. Good time to straighten out the garage and have a few brewskis.

Back
Top Bottom