Slow cooked pork belly and loin - James Martin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No comment on the weird bit, but yeah, it came to mind. Now all we need is the frozen concentrated orange juice futures and we are set to make a killing... :wacko:

We require a man in a gorilla suit. Otherwise it would never work.

Sorry to put a weird note in, but it for some reason remembered that movie. Glad someone else saw it.

Is anyone else reminded a bit of the pork belly futures scene from the classic Dan Akryoyd Eddy Murphy film, Trading Places, one of the best movies set and shot in Philadelphia? Or am I just weird.

TBS
Oh, I missed out on this film. Note on my iPhone to have a look at it.

erehweslefox, and everybody:

This fantastic recipe could be 'converted' for those who can't eat pork, and who can't combine dairy with meat:

You could substitute the pork with veal, beef, or lamb.

Instead of a Gratin Dauphinoise, which has cream and butter and cheese in it with a dish of Lyonnaise potatoes, made with potato slices, onions, garlic, and veal, beef, or lamb stock. Yummy, and kosher too

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

erehweslefox, and everybody:

This fantastic recipe could be 'converted' for those who can't eat pork, and who can't combine dairy with meat:

You could substitute the pork with veal, beef, or lamb.

Instead of a Gratin Dauphinoise, which has cream and butter and cheese in it with a dish of Lyonnaise potatoes, made with potato slices, onions, garlic, and veal, beef, or lamb stock. Yummy, and kosher too

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
:chef: That is some "conversion" - almost like a new recipe :)

Hmmm...cured bacon, uncured bacon, pork belly, sow belly, salt pork, Canadian bacon, pancetta, prosciutto - all this time I just thought bacon was bacon. Shows how much I don't know about food!

Last edited:
I posted on this mainly for the Change of Places movie recipe. , and yeah there are a lot of pork recipies we rework, I do it often, sometimes I do thing it is a new recipe, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom