Slow cooker pot roasted pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
This is really good and super easy in the slow cooker. I first saw it in one of my slow cooker's recipe leaflets.

Pot Roasted Pork Loin

Rub boneless pork loin roast with s&p. Stab meat and insert slivers of a garlic clove in the slits. Slice an onion and put in bottom of CP. Throw in loin along with another sliced onion, a couple of bay leaves, a whole clove, 1/2 cup water and a T. of soy sauce.

Cook on low 10 hours, or on high for 5. You can brown the loin before cooking, but it's not necessary.

What a great idea. It reminded me of a Justin Wilson episode on TV. Used a similar method to cook a beef roast.

How may cloves of garlic did you use?

bakechef said:
I cooked a loin like that one time and it was good!

It was! I kept losing the recipe. Now with modern technology, I can save it! I just use one big fat clove, slivered, .40. The stabbing of the loin is very cathartic. Think Murder on the Orient Express.

It makes for a drier roast, but slices up so nicely! Serve with mash, corn, gravy. Yum!

Last edited:
This is really good and super easy in the slow cooker. I first saw it in one of my slow cooker's recipe leaflets.

Pot Roasted Pork Loin

Rub boneless pork loin roast with s&p. Stab meat and insert slivers of a garlic clove in the slits. Slice an onion and put in bottom of CP. Throw in loin along with another sliced onion, a couple of bay leaves, a whole clove, 1/2 cup water and a T. of soy sauce.

Cook on low 10 hours, or on high for 5. You can brown the loin before cooking, but it's not necessary.

"Throw" is that a proper cooking term and from how far away should I stand to accomplish it?

Sounds really good. mmmmPorkMMMMMMM

PrincessFiona60 said:
"Throw" is that a proper cooking term and from how far away should I stand to accomplish it?

Sorry, PF. I meant "fling". I figure about 2 to 4 feet.

I find that tossing my food into the vessel works better for me. I have a small kitchen though. ;)

i would think ogres tend to flick things, because of their big sausage fingers.

would chucking, tossing, or launching it be ok?

just checking.

Back
Top Bottom