Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I don't care for cheddar with pork tacos, or with fish tacos. I just don't think the flavors go together well.

You could make Mexican rice. I add 1/2 cup of salsa to the rice. Comes out great. I find refried beans bland, so I add salsa and lime juice and top with some of the cheese.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't care for cheddar with pork tacos, or with fish tacos. I just don't think the flavors go together well.

You could make Mexican rice. I add 1/2 cup of salsa to the rice. Comes out great. I just find refried beans bland, so I add salsa and lime juice and top with some of the cheese.

I am coming to the same conclusion GG. (Plus I wasn't planning to make my own refried beans and I suspect you wouldn't be impressed with the tinned stuff you can buy in UK supermarkets!) Anyway, I didn't buy any.

So we shall see what transpires! My main hope is for succulent, flavourful pulled pork that looks half as lovely as the kind I keep seeing on TV. :)

We can get Monterey Jack cheese here in England, I can get it in Tesco and in Costco .

I have done Got Garlics pulled pork a few times now , it's just so good, I add nothing but caramelised onions and the cooking juices which are tasty and spicy.

That sounds lovely GQ :yum:

Okay, part 1 is complete. Pork cut into two, rubbed liberally, tied up and put into a plastic bag.

Attachments

• Pulled Pork part 1.jpg
    Pulled Pork part 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 400
I have GOT to make this! We love pulled pork and I was trying to think of meals that I can make quick and easy while grocery shopping today. I'm starting to think I spend too much (fun) time in the kitchen and all of my other jobs are being ignored. Granted, cooking is more fun that weeding or dusting, but I NEED to do those other jobs.

I have GOT to make this! We love pulled pork and I was trying to think of meals that I can make quick and easy while grocery shopping today. I'm starting to think I spend too much (fun) time in the kitchen and all of my other jobs are being ignored. Granted, cooking is more fun that weeding or dusting, but I NEED to do those other jobs.

Nah, cooking is FAR more important than chores CG! ;) :LOL:

With Margaritas.
fiesta.gif

Well if you really insist TL!! ;) (Love that Smiley btw!)

And the results are in:

In a word - Fabulous! (Which is just as well as my brother and I have been living with wondrous smells all day and I was getting a bit nervous towards the end that it wouldn't live up to the promise!) :ermm:

The flavour of the pork was delicious and it had enough "heat" to make it zingy without blowing my head off. Obviously it was also utterly tender - though I didn't succeed in "shredding" it properly. It was more like small chunks - but none the worse for that I feel.

I served it in soft tortillas as planned and kept things really simple by adding sliced spring onions, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, some of the onions and juice from the pot, a little lime juice and a dollop of sour cream. The pic attached isn't pretty, but obviously it was rolled up, so presentation wasn't the objective - plus I was in a hurry to try it!

I've used up the slightly smaller of the two pieces, so plenty left and I suspect it may feature in tomorrow's menu rather than going into the freezer. :yum:

So thank you GG for a brilliant and fool-proof recipe - much appreciated! :flowers:

Attachments

• PPork.JPG
    PPork.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 177
I think it looks delicious, Katy! Congrats, it seems we have a new convert to CP pulled pork!

Last edited:
I think it looks delicious, Katy! Congrats, it seems we have a new convert to CP pulled pork!

Aw! Thanks DL! :) And yes - definitely a convert! All these years I have been looking at pulled pork being made on shows like "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" where they put half a pig into an industrial size BBQ and thinking "well I can't do that in my flat".

I know I'm missing the "smokey" aspect (and I will definitely try this when I next make it to the US) but this recipe has to be pretty close (and the smoked paprika helps of course.)

With Margaritas.
fiesta.gif

You DO know you're contributing to my drinking problem, don't you? :LOL: Every time you say "margaritas" I get a taste for them. Good thing my grocery store has limes on special and the adult beverage store has tequila on sale. The 1.75 liter bottle has a $5 rebate. That would get me a LOT of limes. ;)

Aw! Thanks DL! :) And yes - definitely a convert! All these years I have been looking at pulled pork being made on shows like "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" where they put half a pig into an industrial size BBQ and thinking "well I can't do that in my flat".

I know I'm missing the "smokey" aspect (and I will definitely try this when I next make it to the US) but this recipe has to be pretty close (and the smoked paprika helps of course.)

Try it with some barbeque sauce on the leftovers tomorrow. Yum!

I'd entirely forgotten about the BBQ sauce!

So - piled onto a soft bun with more of the juice, cooked onion and a dollop of BBQ sauce - what do you reckon?

And pickles! And coleslaw! And more BBQ sauce! And more pulled pork! And potato salad on the side! Oh, and some chips/crisps!

(can you tell I'm excited for you?)

Last edited:
And pickles! And coleslaw! And more BBQ sauce! And more pulled pork! And potato salad on the side!

:LOL: Ooh, coleslaw is a good idea. And I love potato salad.

Now, as for "pickles" I have a feeling we may need to clarify as I think there is a "cross pond" difference!

"Pickles" to me is a generic term for any vegetable that has been pickled in vinegar - pickled onions, pickled beetroot and pickled gherkins are the most popular. (And of course there is the wonderful piccalilli.)

What "pickles" would you put with pulled pork DL?

:LOL: Ooh, coleslaw is a good idea. And I love potato salad.

Now, as for "pickles" I have a feeling we may need to clarify as I think there is a "cross pond" difference!

"Pickles" to me is a generic term for any vegetable that has been pickled in vinegar - pickled onions, pickled beetroot and pickled gherkins are the most popular. (And of course there is the wonderful piccalilli.)

What "pickles" would you put with pulled pork DL?

Sour dill cucumbers, we can get the big or the baby ones, we can also get them pre-sliced. Sweet gherkins would also be nice. Vlasic is a reliable brand here, nice and crisp.

You can put the coleslaw in the sandwich, or serve it on the side, same with the dill pickles. Oh, and baked beans!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom